Part 10: Sideways

You two take up defensive positions behind the beds, making sure that you both have a view of the door. You grab the decryptor and start to scan radio frequencies for activity. You then hear a knock on the door. Something you didn't expect. "Police, we've been ordered to escort you back the station. Someone told us you were in danger." you hear the man say from the other side of the door. You and Ela look at each other. You both shake your heads, almost certain that it is trap. But the person persists. He gives you a badge number that you quickly look up on your computer. The name on the screen matches the name that he gave you. "I'm going to go and open the door." The decryptor says there is a police officer in the building so this made you a bit more trusting. "Don't let your guard down" you whisper to her. She continues to hold the angle on the door as you slowly open it, seeing a man in a police uniform outside the door. After a bit of explaining and some more proving you decide that you can trust him. You and Ela grab your things and head out with him quickly towards his car. You both get in the back and place your stuff at your feet. "You guys look quiet professional." he said trying to create some conversation while beginning to drive. You both remained silent and continued to scan the streets and cars on the road. Your driver starts to go through a green light, when you see a truck, moving quickly towards you through the red light. "BRACE!" you yell as the car impacts the side of the police vehicle. The car is lifted off the ground and onto its roof. You barely hold onto your consciousness. You look over and see that both Ela and the police officer are unconscious. Then you notice some people from the truck moving quickly towards that vehicle. You see the door open where you were hit by something hard and lost consciousness.

You slowly regain consciousness in a new setting that you didn't recognize. It was a dark room, with a fan above you, and a table with various tools laid out on it. As your blurred vision begins to fade you feel a serious, throbbing pain coming from your head. You reach up to place your hand over it, when you realize that you can't lift your hand past a few centimeters from behind the chair. You're restrained. Your hands are tied to the back of the chair you were sitting on. Your mind begin to look around the room some more. You notice that you're alone in the room, and there is a small camera in the top right corner of the room from where you were facing. Your mind started then to get back to full working order. Your heart drops as you realize that Ela is not with you. You start to get worried on the inside, being careful not to show weakness on the camera. "She's got to be nearby." you think trying to calm yourself down. The door that was by the camera then opens and a man with a white mask enters the room with you. He begins to read out information about you. He has your name, code name, date of birth, rank, and other bits and pieces. "This is correct, yes?" he asked you. You remained silent and looked at the floor. "We've been watching you for some time Y/N. We know about your involvement in Rainbow, and what you've been working on while there." he said. You didn't look up at him, but this caused you to worry inside. "They have the decryptor" you thought to yourself. "That computer we found in the car is quite powerful, yes?" he asked. You still gave no response. "This computer would greatly aid our cause. But you seem to be pretty clever Y/N. We have encountered some of the defenses that you installed to keep unauthorized people out." he went on. "It doesn't matter how hard they try, all the files are encrypted with 256 bit encryption. It would take their computers centuries to crack it." you think to yourself reassured that the computer is out of their hands. "You will give us the key for the computer Y/N and you might just get a swift death." he said trying to scare you. You kept your emotionless expression on your face and refused to look at him. "Look at me Y/N." he said sternly grabbing your chin and pulling it up so that you were staring at him. "Will you give us the key?" he asked slowly. You responded by spitting in his face. This caused him to recoil. He then walked up to you and gave you firm right cross. You still did not react. "If you want to do it that way then fine." he said going back behind the table. "During some of our surveillance of you, we noticed your particular 'interest' shall we say, in your partner on your current assignment." he said pacing behind the table. This got your attention. You know knew that they had Ela. "I know physical torture won't work on you black ops people, but psychological torture is much worse. Especially when someone you love is being hurt, before your eyes." he said to you. This caused your heart rate to increase, and you adrenaline to start pumping. A white hot rage filled you body. He then banged twice on the door. It was then opened and another two white masks came in carrying a person, whose hands were tied behind her back and she was gagged.

You realize instantly that it is Ela. she is thrown on the table in front of you, which had been cleared of the tools by the people who dragged her in. They take off her gag and bring in a some water and a cloth. You close your eyes, hoping that this is just some sick nightmare and you'll wake up back at Hereford with Ela next to you. They're going to waterboard her. One of the white masks placed the cloth over her face while the other held her head back. The one who was interrogating you before pickup the pitcher of water. "Tell us the code Y/N." he said in a threatening tone. You remained quiet. You looked up and saw him start to pour the water over the cloth. Instantly Ela's legs started kicking as her ability to breathe had been taken away. They continued as you could see Ela struggling to break free. The sound of her coughing and choking made your heart drop. You felt defeated. "Stop" you say. This did not get their attention. You lunge towards the white masks, taking the chair with you. You smashed into the one holding her head back, knocking him over the table. He then threw you towards the table to get you off of him. "I said stop!" you yelled. "I'll give you the key." you said defeated. They removed the cloth from Ela and she began immediately to cough to try to get a breath in. "Don't do it Y/N." she muttered under her breath. You ignored her and gave the key to the white masks. Defeated you sat back down in the chair. They left the room taking Ela with them leaving you alone. But you managed to accomplish something from your attack. You managed to grab a scalpel that was left on the table during the water boarding, and hide it up your sleeve. "I'll get you out of here Ela." you think to yourself before you begin to hatch a plan of escape. 

(I noticed that today we cracked over 200 views and we made it to #2 in rainbowsixsiege! Thanks for continuing to read! This is already more successful than I ever imagined it would be. Thanks again guys for reading and stay tuned, the next chapter should be out in the next couple of days!)