Part 2: Six

"Hereford?" you though. You wondered why you were heading to the SAS training grounds. Your unit had gone to Hereford a couple of times for training exercises with the British elite unit. "There's got to be something more to this" you think as things don't add up in why you're headed there. You decide to get some shut eye on the plane. Using you duffel bag full of clothes as a pillow, you drift off for a while.

You're awoken by the wheels touching down in Heathrow airport. It was about dusk when you landed. The soldier who escorted you to the plane also escorted you to a UH-60 Nighthawk stationed not too far away he motions for you to get in. "Thanks for the help, by the way I didn't catch your name" you tell the soldier. "Corporal Bradford, don't worry about the help" he states back. You climb aboard and once you're situated he closes the door behind you leaving himself behind. You presume he has other duties to attend to. You just then notice another person sitting in the helicopter with you. "How rude of myself, my name is Captain Y/N, but the field name I use is Cipher" you say to him as you extend a hand for a friendly handshake. "Masaru Enatsu, but you call me Echo in the field" he states returning your handshake. "Nice to meet you Masaru" you state. "Likewise." he replies. "I might as well ask, do you have any idea why I'm here right now, because I figure it's not for the SAS" you ask. "I was just about to start the whole briefing" he laughed. "I'm part of an anti-terrorist group known as Rainbow, only a handful of people know of its existence currently, but our job is to assemble the best from special forces around the world to help us fight mainly the terrorist group known as The White Masks." he said. "I've read your file Y/N, and I've got to say I'm impressed." he said catching you off guard. "Uhh.. thanks. How much do you know about me?" you asked. "All there is. All your past operations, medical history, previous teammates, and even what you've been working on in back in your old group." she said with a smile. "That decryptor, Y/N is something else and could be what we need to turn the tide in our favor" he said. "You'll have to stop by sometime and show me how it works in more detail, and I can show some of the tech we have." "sounds like a plan." you say. Just then the helicopter touched down and you and Masaru disembark and head for what seems like an office building, but the amount of armed guards posted outside make you think that this is much more important. "I have to take you to meet Six" Masaru said. "She's the boss around here. I'll wait for you to get out so I can show you to your quarters and the rest of the facilities here." he said with a smile. "Sounds good to me" you agree.

You enter the office building. The first thing that strikes you is the deadly silence. You could hear a mouse squeak from the other side of the building you thought. Masaru led you to Six's office and entered with you in tow. There was a woman in her forties at a large wooden desk filled with papers. Behind her you notice several monitors mounted on the wall, showing data from around the world. "Here he is Six" Masaru stated. She looked up from her papers and gestured for both of you to sit. She was presumably reading over your file. During this time came some more deathly silence. After she finished with the file she placed it down and looked directly into your eyes. This intimidated you a bit because of how cold she seemed. You had always been able to tell something about someone from looking at them and what you got from Six was that she was ruthless and would stop at nothing to accomplish her goals. "Your file impresses me Cipher" she said "Thank you, ma'am" you reply. "However I can't make an exception for you. You have to pass all of the recruit training same as everyone else" she said "Understood ma'am" you reply. "You have a hostage rescue tomorrow to prove your skills" she said "Be ready, it won't be easy" she stated slowly, making sure you understand the gravity of the situation. "Yes ma'am. I won't disappoint ma'am" you reply. "Good, you both are dismissed" she said picking up her papers again. You and Echo quickly exit the room.

"That went rather well" Echo said. "She reminds me of Medusa. If I look at her too long I feel like I'm going to turn to stone." you say jokingly. This prompts a laugh from Echo. "I think you'll fit in quite fine Y/N" he said. Echo showed you around some of the facilities and finally to your room. It consisted of a small bathroom off of a large bedroom with queen sized bed with a living room and kitchen off to the side. "Well this is you" Echo said. "Thanks for everything" you say to him. "Hey why don't you come on down the cafeteria after you're done unpacking and settling in. We can talk some more there about the tech we have. And you'll get to meet some of my friends." he asked excitedly. "Sounds like a great idea" you reply. "Great see you down there in let's say... 45 minutes?" "I'll see you then" you reply, closing the door behind you. You instantly jump on the bed. You're exhausted from the flight and are a bit jet lagged. You change into some loose fitting jeans and a plain shirt from your duffel bag and back the rest in closet. Your mind instantly turns to the kitchen to see if there is any food there. You haven't eaten since you had lunch with your parents. You open to fridge and to your disappointment. You find nothing there. The same is unfortunately true for the pantry. You look down disappointed and all you can hear is the rumble of your stomach. You decide to pull out your laptop and play some Pokemon on an emulator you downloaded to pass the time.