Unexpected confession

Sun didn't call him. Bono never forgot to call his muse, his inspiration, but she didn't even bother to hear his voice when he called. Nothing since last time they've seen each other in the airport, when Bono asked her to move in with him.

As long as the release date came closer, things became heavier. Bono was very angry with her. He understood she was probably dealing with stress and working hard, but just a phone call, only one, at least twice a week, 10 minutes. That was not impossible for her. She finally called him after 3 weeks.

"Hey" she said

"Finally I hear your voice" he said sounding a bit pissed off

"I tried to call" 

"You didn't call nor answer my calls either. Don't bullshit me. I had to call Grace, your mother to know if you were OK since you didn't even get my calls. I freaked out. I was worried about you, I thought something happened to you"

"I told you I was going to call" she said raising her voice

"You told me, but you didn't. 3 weeks! 3! 20 days! And you didn't even pick my phone calls" Bono said raising his voice as well

"You know what? I don't wanna argue with you, I am tired of arguing all the time" she said and hanged the phone

Bono got froze. He even got to think it was his fault and being far away from her didn't help. Maybe she was under too much stress, or just had a bad day or maybe she forgot about him, or didn't seem to occupy an important place in her life, or maybe she just found someone else.

He called her the following days. Every day. But nothing happened. She didn't call nor answer his calls. Bono felt something was going on. They never discussed, or argue in their 2 years of relationship and things were getting better as time passed by, until she stopped being herself. Something happened to her to react like that. He tried to remember if he did or said something wrong, but nothing.

Bono needed a woman's point of view about what just happened, and called Eli. She listened to him and said something he didn't expect to hear.

"You know I'll always tell you what I fell" she said as he nodded "Something happened and she doesn't know how to manage nor what to do about it"

"Jesus, what do you mean?" Bono said as his heart seemed to stop beating "What is it?" Bono asked

"Just talk to her. I tried but she didn't listen" she said as she took his hand and stared at his blue eyes "You're an amazing man and she's an amazing girl. I understand her decision, but I don't agree with it" Bono remained silent, as some confused expressions blossomed. He didn't want to believe she cheated on him, or he was not important for her anymore, or worst, that he never was. Thinking about that just broke his heart.

"What is it?" he asked confused

"She's the one that has to tell you. I'm sorry"

They remained both silent for some time until Bono spoke

"I have to go to Buenos Aires. I need to. I must see her" he said out of a sudden while walking fast back to his house

When they arrived to the entrance Eli grabbed his arm, got close to him as both suddenly hugged tight for a long time, he definitely needed some affection. Bono just stayed still, shocked, without understanding everything she said as his mind was blowing thinking about what happened to Sun to have such a reaction.
Eli let him go and stared at his blue eyes "Call me if you need something" said and kissed his forehead as she slowly left leaving Bono standing still in silence.

Bono arrived to Buenos Aires the day after Eli talked to him. He still felt awkward and confused. Bono had the keys of Sun's house, so he went straight for it.

"Hey" Bono said leaning against the door frame as he found her assembling  suitcases in her room.

"What are you doing here?" She asked surprised but not looking very happy about it

"I wanted to see you, to talk to you. Since you don't get my phone calls, and the only time you did we couldn't even have a normal conversation"

"Well...I'm leaving I'm already running late" said as she headed to the door where Bono was still standing

"Would you stop?! What's wrong with you?!" Bono said grabbing her arm and making her stop

"I would like to ask you the exact same question" She said

"What the fuck?! You are the one acting weird. I don't know what else to do!!" he said pretty angry now

"Explain that shit then" she said as her finger pointed a magazine with Bono and Eli in the cover, hugging tightly and another picture of Eli kissing his front head as his eyes were closed

"It's Eli Jesus Christ! I was feeling like shit and we talked. We were talking about you by the way and this fucking behavior you're having. It was nothing! NOTHING!" He said getting close to her

"You know what? Do whatever you want. I don't care" said as her eyes got wet

"Sun, please. No. Come on" he knew where things were going "Come live with me. Please" Bono said as her eyes got almost in tears "You're stressed out, we are both stressed. We need more time together, that's it. Things will be better, trust me"

"That's what Eli told you to say right?" She said and stared at his blue eyes for the first time

"No!!! She told me that something happened to you and your reaction came from that thing, whatever that is and I didn't understand a single thing actually. But I came here for you, I love you!" he said as her eyes got wet as well as his 

"I'm done. Please stop" She said even though he could see it was hard for her to say, as a tear caressed her cheek

"What's wrong with you!?" Bono said still pissed off by her strange behavior "I don't get you, really. You say one thing but your eyes said another. You've never been like this before. There's something more..."

"I said stop" Sun said grabbing both his arms and looking at him

"I won't, I won't stop until you tell me what's wrong with you, with us, with this"

"I'm seeing someone else. Ok? So do whatever you want. I don't care anymore" She said as she wiped her tears away and left with her luggage, leaving him surprised by such an unexpected confession.

Bono stayed standing still in silence. Shocked. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Her behavior, her reactions, her voice, her look, her eyes, everything, it felt like if those words came from somebody else, not the one he loved so much.

 Her behavior, her reactions, her voice, her look, her eyes, everything, it felt like if those words came from somebody else, not the one he loved so much