The best by far, is you

"When are you going to fulfill your promise?" she asked devilishly after they kissed for some long minutes

"I've got lots of mixed emotions now..." he said and laughed a bit ashamed like a little kid.

"The promise of, and I quote "having you properly this time" She reminded him smirking

"Of course I remember what I said, it's just after that, you gave me one of the craziest and most amazing notice in my life and a beautiful speech. So it's hard to win that... But I have an idea"

He headed to turn on the fireplace and put a comfy blanket over the ground. He then got close to her "Come here, let me give you a massage" He loaded her romantically to the fireplace and lay her down gently on soft and hairy blanket.

He slowly took her shirt off and layed her down, facing the ground to sat gently over her bum. He massaged her nape and shoulder blades. Her back was all contracted and her joints where stiff. She was tense, so Bono did his best to massage her and relax her muscles. He took her bra off so his chubby fingers could dance free across her soft but cold skin and drew scribbles over her back and nape. Her skin was warmer now, her eyes were closed. He got out from above her, turned her around and covered her bare chest with the bed sheets to keep the warm of her body after his massages. The sound of the fireplace's sparks was their soundtrack.

He got over her and whispered, "This massage comes with a happy ending" and got down on her, while slowly taking her pants off, caressing her slowly with the tip of his fingers and kissing her.

Bono felt her warm body over his and asked her without talking, to help him take his clothes off. She did as he was still kissing, touching, and whispering her. The feeling of touching ice but getting burn was the perfect description of the senses they were getting.

He went back to her lips and pressed his entire body over hers. Bono felt her warmness and the light of the fire, made her skin even more perfect than it already was.

"I thought you were not in the mood" she said turned on and devilishly smirked

"I can't help it. I'm always in the mood for you. But I wanted to be a special surprise" He said as he winked and kiss her

He slide in her and thrusted very slowly. Like they had all the time in the world to be together. They moaned and whispered into each other's ears. Both were wanting this for a long time now, there were also new emotions that made their desire for each other grow even stronger. The night was just perfect, as well as their bodies bonded and their desire. After some long minutes of intense lust, both rested their bodies over the blanket, by the light of the fireplace, totally breathless.

Sun fell asleep immediately, but Bono couldn't. He sat in the couch near the fireplace and admired her in silence for a while. Her eyes were closed as well as her lips. He could see her body through the sparks of the fire and stared at her in silence for some time, thinking about the future, their future and then remember about the painting he made of her slipping in bed. He took it from his luggage (he always carried it around while on tour) and wrote some lines on the other side of the painting. He then fell asleep sitting on the couch, with the paper and pencil over his naked lap.

"For all the things my hands have held
Through all the beauty my eyes have seen
For all the moments I have lived
And all the places I have been
The best by far is you"