The Bench

A week passed by. Our man has been discovering the city on his own. He saw some tango shows and felt in love with the music mood, those painful lyrics about a lost love or an unrequited kind of love. He visited some museums and the "must" places you should see when you are in Buenos Aires. But what he really wanted to see was that girl, the smiley girl. He wanted to know something about her, at least her name. Every day at 8 am he would go down the rocks near the river just in case she appeared running, but nothing. She was just gone.

Sun was getting ready for her holidays, she had to work hard in order to enjoy her trip to Europe without computer and mailing. Her days started earlier now, so running time was rescheduled to 8 pm, when coming home for work.

She was tired, but just thinking about her trip gave her more energy than ever. And running was the best way to clear her mind.

It's New Year 's Eve today. Everybody is getting ready for the night. Christmas is a family thing here in Buenos Aires, but New Year's is about friends. That night has to be a party with friends, music, and drinking till morning comes.

Sun was getting ready for a party in her house with some friends. She had some time off before those crazy girls and boys come and since the night was beautiful and warm she decided to go for a walk.

You could see the stars and the full moon helped lighting the lane. Her mind was lost, she was thinking about everything but nothing at all at the same time. And then her brain went blank. The painter was there walking alone as well. She was staring at him without even care if he looked back. She wanted to ask him about the painting, she was curious about it. But she was way too shy to talk to a stranger about something she didn't even saw.

Bono started to feel he needed to get afloat. He felt totally drowning again but this time by himself. Far away from Dublin, meant far away from his friends and band mates. He was forced to get better alone. "Maybe it's better this way, who knows...Time will tell. And If I really fuck it at I can go back home, but I least I gave it a try" he said to himself.

He went out for a walk, maybe searching for some answers.

The night was special. You could hear and see people walking around all well dresses going somewhere to have fun. Bono got lost on the walk and sat on a bench staring at nowhere until he felt someone was staring at him. He looked up to discover that the smiley girl, that girl he's been think of this past 2 weeks, was staring at him.

Sun felt like a total stalker when the young painter find out she was staring at him. She didn't know what to say.

"Hola" she say... Oh my god how idiot I am! She thought

"Hola" he replied back

"Sos el pintor que el otro día estaba sobre las rocas?" She asked him full of curiosity

Bono didn't understand a single thing. But he saw the curiosity and mischief on her eyes and enjoyed the soft sound of her voice. He just hopped she speaks English.

"I'm sorry....I don't understand Spanish..." Bono said hoping she answers back in his language

"Oh! Wow, so you're not from here then?!" Sun knew English perfectly. In fact she won 2 scholarships a few years ago, one in Dublin and other in Boston. If she was curious then, she is out of her mind of curiosity now.

"No", Bono said staring at Sun. "I'm from Dublin...Well I guess... I kind of forgot where home is as I travel around the world most of the time."

"That must feel incredible. I lived in Dublin before, I fall in love with that city, even though I missed the sun way too much" she said with a little smirk on her face