She's Tango

"He didn't come back last night" Adam said "I stayed up all night and he didn't come back"

"Don't panic, let's go look for him. Don't tell Guggi or Eli, they were so drunk yesterday they probably forgot about the details" Edge said with a sleepy face

"We don't know the place... how are we gonna look for him?" Adam asked thoughtful

"She knows" Edge said looking through the window at a female figure loading suitcases in the trunk of a car outside

"We need a hand from you" Adam said as she kept on loading suitcases

"Bono didn't come back last night Sun. We don't know where he is" Edge said as she stopped moving

"I'm not her mother anymore Edge" she said a bit angry and bereaved at the same time

"You know how he gets when he finds out shitty things" Edge said calmly

Sun stayed silent and still for a while. She was in a crossroad of emotions here...

"I think I know where he might be.... Shit" she said and went to the stable followed by Adam and Edge

She grabbed a horse and rode fast. It was faster and easier to go horsing than by car. Adam and Edge followed her far behind, as her horse ran fast trough the narrow dirt road that grazed the vineyards.

They crossed the whole vineyards to the old stone house next to the lake, the one they saw on the wedding ceremony, behind the vineyards.

Sun left the horse and got inside of it. She opened the door and saw nothing. Just a silent calm and the view of the lake on one side and the vineyards on the other. Nothing on the hall, kitchen nor living room. She got to the first floor. Nothing. Also nothing on the second floor and slowly and silently started walking to the last one. There was a big, heavy door to enter into the third floor, and guess what? It was opened ... there was a big sofa and comfy chairs followed by a mix table, and the most incredible studio you'll ever see. It only had windows around, the view was inspiring but there were some pictures inside, handwritten lyrics and a special gift all framed.

And there he was, inside the studio, sitting on the floor and propped against the wall. He was still with his dark blue suit, no shades but quite untidy this time. His suit jacket was on the floor beside him and his shirt half unbuttoned. Bono didn't notice she was standing there looking at him, he was staring at one specific thing hanged in the wall.

"God you're here" Edge said gasping as Bono and Sun looked back at him, like both awaking from a dream

"Wow this place is... wow" Adam said

"Holy shit, this is a Tango lyric, and handwritten!" Edge said as he looked at a framed piece of paper

"She is Tango, Edge" Bono finally said still looking at that specific thing hanged on the wall "I thought you knew"

"Holy shit! Wow. Is that true?" Adam said as Edge stayed looking at her with his mouth open "Is that real? Are you Tango" Adam asked looking at her as Edge did the same.

"Yeah... Seems you didn't know either. I just found out yesterday" Bono said pissed, stood up and grabbed his suit jacket. He looked around for one more time and walked towards Sun, who was standing on Bono's way to the door. He stopped right in front of her and stared from her toes to her eyes, like it was the last time. He didn't say anything, just looked at her and finally stared at her eyes for a few seconds intensively and left with a furious face.

 He didn't say anything, just looked at her and finally stared at her eyes for a few seconds intensively and left with a furious face

Sun was heartbroken. It felt like a goodbye. She wouldn't see him again after that. Not even as Tango. It was over. She sat down on the same spot Bono was laying and discovered he was looking at the red dress he gave to her as a present that now was hanged over a studio wall... His favorite dress, the one she always wore when he arrived home after a long time without seeing each other, the one he never took off when they had sex because he found it so sexy on her, the one she wore when she missed him... But now was just a lost memory over a wall...

Edge and Adam just stayed there looking totally astonished as they discovered all the lyrics they loved so much and the artist they've been following so much was someone so close to them.

"Fuck... it's you..." Edge said "You are Tango..."

Sun just nodded without any happiness on her face. It was so much to tell, so many lies and so many troubles for it...

As Sun left the studio, Edge grabbed a piece of paper that was laying over the mix table and looked at the handwritten words

"Every wave that broke me
Every song that wrote me
Every dawn that woke me
Was to get me home to you, see

Every soul that left me
Every heart that kept me
The strangers that protected me
To bring me back to you

Every magic potion
Every false emotion
How unswerving our devotion
To the lies you knew were almost true

Every sweet confusion
Every grand illusion
I will win and call it losing
If the prize is not for you"

"Holy shit" Edge said "She's soooo good. It's definitely a Tango song" Edge said as he passed the paper to Adam and waited for the exact same reaction he had a few seconds before.

"This is brilliant. Fucking brilliant. And I definitely think to know who's the inspiration behind her words" Adam said

"She loves him madly, just by reading these lines I can tell" Edge answered