Chapter 36

Harry's POV

I woke up and rolled over, reaching my arm out to cuddle Louis yet I was greeted with a freezing cold bed sheet. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around for him. All of my stuff was sprawled out across the room, but Louis' was packed up neat and tidy. I leant over and grabbed one of Louis' t-shirts, pulling it on and walking out. I stepped into the main area and Louis was sat there, a cup of tea in one hand and the other typing away rapidly on the keyboard. He sensed my presence but kept quiet, 

"Morning you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, however he shook me off.

"Are you alright?" I questioned, watching him carefully. I waited for a response but he stayed silent and sipped his tea. 

"Lou?"

"Yes Harry I'm fine, just leave me for a bit." He snapped, I got up and walked away. I had no idea what had gotten into him, I was kind of hoping it was stress from being here or maybe jetlag. I made myself some fruit and yoghurt and sat out on the balcony, the view was breath taking. If I was rich and didn't have anybody important I would definitely move out here, the people are friendly and it's so much better than England, well in my opinion anyway. I was blocked from the view by Louis, standing in front of me and leaning back on the fence.

"Look Harry, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I just had to make sure everything was ready for us to go home tomorrow. I had to email the school and let them know everything was fine and I made a call today, we are going to a lecture on professional acting. It might not sound great, but I bet it will be. You can just come back here if you don't enjoy it anyway." 

"I'm looking forward to it, do you fancy having a walk somewhere first? It's quite early so we'll be alone." He shook his head.

"No, I'm going to shower then call one of my mates back home." He walked away and left me alone, once again. I couldnt tell whether he was acting different or not, but I decided to let it go. I followed him back inside and found some clothes for today, I slipped into them and began packing. Louis was clearly eager to leave, he had nothing unpacked except the clothes he was wearing today. His passport was set neatly on top of his suitcase alongside the bag he'll keep with him on the plance, I was struggling to even remember what I brought with me let alone have it all packed up. I made it about three quarters of the way through before I was joined by Louis, he wasn't dressed up, just casual.

"Come on, we can't be late." He grabbed his essentials and I slipped my shoes on before toddling after him, he was trying his best to walk quickly and dash to the car, I could barely keep up. I stopped by the passenger seat door and waited for him to open it, however he walked straight past it and climbed into the drivers seat. I opened the door and climbed in, sighing deeply.

"What?" He huffed, starting up the car.

"I don't mean to sound like a diva, but you've been opening the door for me yet you just left it then." 

"Seriously Harry, you're a teen not a toddler. I don't have to do everything for you." I decided now was the time for me to be quiet, something was clearly wrong with him but I just felt that if I asked he would get more aggravated. I turned my head and stared out of the window, every time I even attempted to make small talk I either got a sarcastic reply or silence.

Once we reached the lecture Louis dashed off without me, leaving me to stumble after him to keep up. He stopped at the vending machine and got some water, not offering to get me anything. He signed in whilst I was getting a drink and entered the lecture without me, I couldn't deal with him. He was being selfish and I honestly didn't know what to do, so space seemed like a reasonable option. I left the venue and walked back to the car, climbing in and laughing because Louis left so quick he couldn't lock it. I dug out my phone from my pocket and text Niall,

harry: niall, i think something's wrong with Lou? He's being a bit snappy and rude..x

niall: don't overthink it too much, maybe jetlag has caught up with him. You don't know what he's like with travelling, I'm sure he'll be cuddled up in bed with you later.x

harry; i hope so, at the minute I'm just sat in the car park whilst he's in a lecture. I don't know whether to go back in x

niall: do it, spend as much time with him as you can, time is precious x

harry: i guess, I'll text you later, bye x

niall: bye x

I hopped out of the car and locked the doors from the inside, one by one, before entering the building and heading up to reception. I signed in and followed the directions to the lecture, I opened the door slowly but still managed to have everybody stare at me. I ran across to the seat next to Louis quickly and quietly, returning all attention to the man at the front.

"Surprised you came back." Louis whispered,

"I just had to speak to Niall, I wouldn't leave you." He smiled at me before looking back to the front, my heart fluttered, he hadn't smiled at me all morning.

The lecture was over after a few hours and we made our way back out to the car,

"I'm thinking we get some food, have one last look around then have an early night." Louis suggested as we drove off, I agreed and helped him decide on where we should eat. We picked a pizza shop and ordered one each, discussing the lecture and the performance at home. He was still a bit blunt with his sentences, but he was talking. 

"We could go for that walk now? Over there in that park?" He pointed and I smiled,

"Sounds good." We split the bill and walked over to the park. I brushed my hand against his and waited for him to lock our fingers, but he ignored it and carried on walking. I tried again but still had no response.

"Stop here, I want to take some pictures." Louis said, he began snapping pictures of various things so I took the opportunity to text my mum.

harry: had an amazing time in france, loved every second. Home tomorrow :( missed you lots though, brought you a nice present, love you x x

I text Niall too,

harry: lou is still acting a bit strange but he's better, in a park atm. he's taking pictures. how's liam?x

niall: haha just let the man do his thing, and he's good. Been weird not having you around, get ur ass home x

harry: be home tomorrow, you best be at the airport waiting! lou's done now so i'm going, bye x

I put my phone away and continued my walk with Louis, nothing interesting happened at all. I tripped a few times but that's because I'm clumsy, that was honestly as exciting as it got. We drove back to the hotel and I stripped off into my boxers and climbed into bed, Louis stripped off too but didn't join me. He went into the living room, I guessed he'd found something to watch on the TV and would join me later so I drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------

omfg idek what this chapter was, you just needed to see the change in louis ha.

i promise the story is getting better, next few updates should be interesting.

follow me on twitter @doncasterrlou :)