Chapter 21

Harry's POV

The school week came to an end much slowly than I would have liked, each day passed and I was forced to spend more and more time with Louis. Part of me didn't want to complain or be horrible to him, because being around him gave me a sense of happiness. When I saw him smile, I wanted to. The corners of his mouth would turn up slowly, creating small creases by his eyes, making him look even more beautiful. Knowing that his smiles weren't forced, that's what made me happy. They were true smiles that I had created. Then there was the way he would guide me, occasionally placing an arm around me or fixing my posture so I was acting to the best of my ability. It drove me crazy, every time we touched sparks would fly through me and that's not what I wanted. Because I was still angry at him. After kissing me, my feelings were the last things he cared about. Not to mention my safety. He pushed me out onto the streets into the dark and made me go home, facing the dangers in our society on my own. What a way to treat a young boy.

The other half of me wanted to scream and shout in is face, tell him how much he hurt me and show him that saying sorry isn't the way to make me forgive him. What he did feels unforgivable, sending mixed signals and messing around with my feelings. It felt horrible. I honestly thought we had some sort of connection, even if it was one where nothing except a sweet kiss would happen. I didn't expect him to shove me out into the cold and dark. He could have at least offered me to stay the night and then leave me the day after when I knew I would be safe, but he doesn't play like that. Clearly.

"Harry?" I turned and spotted Niall, extremely close to my sides.

"What?" He stared back at me sadly,

"I know what happened and I know things between you and Louis have been rough, but at least try and forgive him. He knows how much of a dick he's been and what he's done is wrong, but if you listen to him he's willing to make things better. We both know that student teacher relationships never work, but friendships can. At least try and become friends with him again, especially if you want to maintain the lead role." I sighed and ran my fingers through my curls, I knew he was right. He always was.

"It's not easy though Niall, he doesn't understand how much he hurt me." I bit my lip anxiously, I didn't want to start crying again. That's all I've done this past week.

"You need to sit him down properly and tell him everything, how he made you feel and why you can't forgive him. He deserves to know at least." I secured my bag and pinched the bridge of my nose,

"Fine Niall, I'll do it." He grinned widely and patted my back.

"Good, now get home and clean yourself up. You look a bit of a mess." I rolled my eyes and began walking away from Niall, he glanced at me one last time before climbing into his dad's car. I turned a corner and carried on walking, passing various people on the way, not bothering to take note of faces. I lowered my head and carried on walking until I bumped into somebody, I stepped back a little and raised my head. My heart began pounding against my chest when I spotted Zayn with a fag hanging loosely out the corner of his mouth, I gulped and stared up into his darkened eyes.

"I-um..." I mumbled, not entirely sure on what to say. He stopped and just looked down at me, scanning my broken face and not showing any sign of emotion. He raised his hand and my eyes widened, I flinched and turned my head to the side, waiting for his fist to connect with my face. However I was pulled away before anything could happen, my eyes snapped open and I saw Louis' figure in front of me. He was shielding me from Zayn,

"Remember what I told you Malik." He snapped, Zayn nodded and walked away, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"I know you don't want to be near me but I saw you and I couldn't let him hurt you." I sighed,