chapter 55

I groaned slowly as I woke up, clutching onto my aching back. As much as I appreciated Liam letting me crash at his place, he could have at least given me somewhere more comfortable to sleep than his sofa. I stood up and followed the laughter coming from the kitchen, when I entered, Liam was cooking sausages in the frying pan and Niall was sat at the breakfast bar.

"Morning" I said groggily, joining Niall at the bar.

"Morning" They chirped in unison, I nodded at Liam who offered me a fry up and ran my fingers through my hair. I was in desperate need of a hair cut, but I suppose I could rock the long, messy hair, right?

Liam cooked us up a nice breakfast and we sat around, chatting about random stuff.

"So, Harry. You all sorted with your tuxedo for prom?" I looked up from my bacon sandwich and laughed,

"No, I don't even know where to look." Niall's eyes lit up and a smile spread across his face.

"We can go together!" Liam's eyes lit up too,

"I like the sound of that," He smiled, sliding an arm around Niall's waist. Niall laughed before shoving him away,

"Not you, two reasons. One, if we get caught we'd struggle to explain ourselves. Two, you can wait until the day to see me. I want it to be a surprise." I smirked at Liam and he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, fine. Go spend my money on a suit that you're going to look gorgeous in and just make me wait for years and years."

"It's not years, it's a few days." Niall replied, lightly elbowing Liam.

"True. How do I match my tie to your outfit then?"

"He can text you the colour of his tie." I smiled, they both nodded and we finished up eating before leaving to get ready.

After showering and changing me and Niall headed for town, we had a list of shops from Liam to look in. He insisted that he should come to supervise us and make sure we 'spend his money right', but we managed to convince him to stay home. In all fairness, Niall wanted to show up looking amazing for Liam without him knowing what he was going to wear. I, on the other hand, was just going to look good next to Niall. Obviously he couldn't go to prom with Liam so we were going to go together, we'd gotten used to the gay rumours so the comments that were going to be made about this didn't affect us anymore.

After going through four shops on the list and only managing to find nice ties, we decided to take a break and grab a coffee from Costa. I found a seat whilst Niall ordered and began scrolling down Twitter and Facebook, nothing interesting had happened, like usual. There were a few pictures going around of 'sneak peaks' of Louis' movie but Niall joined me at the table before I could get a proper look at them.

"Who was you stalking on Twitter then?" Niall grinned, eating the brownie that he had also bought.

"I wasn't stalking anybody actually, I was just browsing. Nothing wrong with that." He looked up at me and grinned,

"Of course you were. I need to ask, are you comfortable with shopping for a tux and all that? I don't want you to get annoyed because Louis might not be there but I also don't want you to be upset-" I reached out and placed my hand on his arm,

"Niall, calm down. I'm going to be fine. Of course I'd prefer it if Lou was there but he made it clear that he wasn't going to be, we can't change that." He nodded and I removed my hand, placing it back on my warm cup.

"Well you can't slack in your clothing choice, we've got to be the hottest couple there." Niall laughed, I nodded and he placed the list on the table.

"We'll be the hottest couple there, no doubt about it. Just a few shops left to go though and if we don't find something there when we're in trouble." As he said that, his phone rang in his pocket. It was obviously Liam and he answered the phone, blushing slightly. I didn't really pay attention to what they were talking about but I knew Liam was curious about whether we had brought our tuxedos yet. 

-

Hours had passed and we had finally decided on two pretty decent tuxedos, Niall had gone for a cream tuxedo and swapped his tie for a white bow tie. I have to say, he looked pretty damn good in it. He was definitely going to blow Liam away, without a doubt.

I on the other hand, went for the usual black blazer and black bottoms. My tie was black too, I wanted to look sophisticated and Niall said I definitely looked the part. Besides, me and Niall going together gave off the whole black and white vibe, which was always good. We matched and that's what we were going for.

As we looked around I had to sneakily take pictures of suits that I thought would look good alongside Niall's, as Liam was completely clueless. He had organised going shopping with some of the other male teachers that were also going to our prom and needed to buy a suit, but he had no clue where to go. My favourite suit that I spotted for Liam was a pale blue one, however I couldn't spot a nice tie or bow tie that would match both Niall and Liam's. So I told him to just go natural and wear a white shirt, if he buys that suit of course. If not, he'd look good in pretty much any tuxedo.

I saw quite a few that would suit Louis as well, I couldn't see him dressing extravagently like Niall and Liam. I feel like he would go for a more bond-esk style, slick and sleek. I could just imagine it now and to be honest, it made me sad. I just wanted him there, but I knew my dream was unrealistic.

--------
so sorry that this is a filler chapter but it's taken me a while to plan how the rest of this story is going to go, it's nearing the end! I have a few chapters left to go and I really hope they live up to your expectations, thank you all for sticking with this story :)

also, the tuxedos are shown in the picture at the top (Harry's will be shown during the prom chapter)

QUESTIONS:
-have any of you had/got your prom this year?:)
-how do you feel about the boys choices of tuxedos?
- should they have let liam come shopping with them?
- would you guys like a sequel to this?

do any of you guys have fanfics you would like me to check out? I really love seeing what you guys have wrote and giving feedback (if its wanted)

FINAL QUESTION:
are any of you going to see the boys this year or have any of you already been?
describe your experience!