chapter 56

(Harry's POV)

"QUICK HARRY YOU HAVE HALF AN HOUR!" I groaned as my mum came dashing into my bedroom, waving her arms around frantically and ripping the covers off me. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at her,

"Mum, seriously, what is your problem?" She pulled some notes from her pocket and threw them at me,

"Your haircut appointment is in half an hour and you're still in bed, so get up, you need to prepare for prom." I picked the notes up and placed them on my bedside table,

"Prom isn't until later, but I'll get up, just breathe." she nodded and dashed out of my room and down the stairs, I chuckled at her and picked out some clothes to wear. I slid into a pair of sweatpants and a Jack Wills top, shoving the money into my pocket and picking my phone up. I had a message from Niall,

Ni: tonight's the night buddy! you nervous?

Haz: I am bro, are you?

Ni: super. liam keeps trying to get me excited for it but social events aren't exactly my thing.

Haz: they're not mine either but we'll get through it! how's liam?

Ni: he's complaining because im sat watching the Derby match instead of caring about prom

Haz: typical aye. I need to go, getting my haircut.

I put my phone in my pocket and left the house to get to the hairdressers in time.

-

I made it home safely, after a little awkward eye contact with Zayn out on the street.

"Bring me your outfit and I'll get it all freshly ironed." My mum said, smiling at me. I nodded and fetched my clothed from the wardrobe before giving them to her and sitting on the sofa, waiting for Niall to arrive. We were going to get ready together because Niall didn't want to show Liam his tuxedo until tonight.

Minutes later I heard a knock on the door, followed by the sound of it opening and Niall shouting

"Your favourite son is here!" To my mum. There was never a time he didn't introduce himself like that, but it always tickled my mum so I didn't mind.

He followed me up the stairs and into my room,

"Liam was being such a pain in the ăss, he was trying to seduce me so I'd show him my tuxedo. It didn't work though." I laughed and grabbed a towel before chucking one at Niall,

"He doesn't like surprises so you should have expected that. I'm gonna shower now then you can, alright?" He nodded and I entered my bathroom, stripped off and climbed into my shower.

Moments later I heard Niall laughing pretty loudly, followed by the sound of Liam's voice, they were clearly facetiming. They couldn't go an hour without speaking to each other, which was sweet but did make me a little jealous. Just a little though.

I finished off in the shower and entered the bedroom with a towel around my waist,

"THAT'S MORE OF MY STUDENTS THAN I WANT TO SEE!" Liam shouted as I appeared in front of the camera,

"Not my problem, you shouldn't be seeing any of your students." I winked, he laughed and Niall nudged me before ending the call and leaving to have a shower. I slipped some boxers and shorts on, running down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Are my clothes ready?" My mum nodded and pointed behind me, I picked the hanger up and left her to finish ironing. I quickly changed into my suit and began to fix my hair in the mirror whilst Niall got changed, I was beginning to get more nervous but I had no real reason to be. Yes I was going to an event with the whole of my year, but it was nothing to be worried about. Zayn was going to be on his best behaviour so he wouldn't get chucked out, so I didn't have the concerns about him.

We finished getting dressed and headed downstairs, giggling at the squeals coming from our mum's as their eyes landed on us.

"Oh Harry, you look so lovely!" My mum cheered, cupping my face in her hands and smiling at me. I thanked her and me and Niall were shoved together for pictures, both of us switching with parents to complete all the pictures.

"Are you ready to go?" Bobby asked us, pulling out his car keys and spinning them round on his finger. We didn't bother hiring a limo because there was only the two of us going, so Bobby offered to take us.

"Come on lads," He said, patting our shoulders and heading for the front door. We trailed behind him, sharing small talk and attempting to calm our nerves about prom. We stepped out into the garden and our eyes widened when we spotted two people stood in front of us with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"G-Gem?" I questioned,

"Greg?!" Niall exclaimed. The pair came rushing towards us and engulfed us in hugs,

"SURPRISE!" I pulled back and stared at them in awe,

"What are you doing here?" Niall asked, Bobby chucked the keys to Greg and smiled.

"We're taking you to prom! surprise."

-

The ride there was full of questions and selfies and it was sad to see them go, but Niall was excited to go inside. I, however, could feel my anxiety beginning to build up and panic beginning to run through me.

"Niall, I don't think I can do this." I said in between breaths, he shook his head and grabbed onto my shoulders.

"Hey, listen to me. You can do this, you're safe tonight and you look hot as, so come on. Breathe." He breathed in and out with me before swinging an arm around my shoulder and smiling,

"Hey guys!" We turned and spotted Cassie and Luke walking up to us, arm in arm, with cheesy grins on their faces.

"Well look at you all dressed up." I said, eyeing Cass. She did a little twirl and laughed,

"I know, I know."

"And look at you Hemmings! Didn't even know you were coming to prom." I added,

"I've got the best arm candy, why would I miss out?" He chuckled, sliding his arm around Cassie's waist and kissing her head.

"It's so cute I'm gonna be sick." Niall laughed.

We all got some pictures together before entering prom. My eyes widened as I looked around, the blue, silver and white colour scheme definitely made the room look great.

We were shown to our table and Liam made his way up onto the stage, he tapped the microphone and began his speech, not taking his eyes off Niall the whole time.

When he finished the food was brought round to us and we all tucked in, taking pictures and small talking between us. Liam joined us at the table and secretly complimented Niall on how he looked, but Liam looked pretty dashing himself.

Once people had finished eating they made their way onto the dancefloor, and as much as I tried to avoid it, Cas was not letting me sit around.

"You have to dance with us Haz!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. I held hands with Niall and Cassie and began to dance with them, laughing at Luke and Niall's little dance off.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Liam, he pulled me aside,

"Can you go down to reception and see if Mr Bing is there? We need him." I nodded and took off down the stairs, looking around me for Mr Bing as I made my way to reception.

I pushed open the door and panted, cringing at how unfit I am. I looked forward and stopped dead,

Louis Tomlinson was stood in front of me, holding a rose.

"I've missed you love."

-------
update for anybody that still reads this
I feel awful for not updating like I genuinely hate myself but I just no motivation basically

I hope this is okay for you guys