Chapter 54

DEDICATION: onesea bc i like your name, thank you for the comment!

"I need to go." I said, standing up from my seat and sliding out of the booth.

"Harry, what did it say?" I shook my head and tucked the letter deep into my pocket, I didn't want to discuss this here. I ignored their calls and walked out of the restaraunt, I needed to see one person and one person only. As I made my way through the town I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, it was Niall calling me but I couldn't talk. I just couldn't.

After roughly half an hour, I finally reached where I needed to be. Niall had called a few times after but gave up when he realised I wasn't going to answer. I wasn't purposely ignoring him but I really did not want to talk, he wasn't alone anyway so it wasn't too bad. My mum had tried calling too but I definitely wasn't going to answer her, she was just nosy. I climbed the stairs and knocked repeatedly on the door, glancing round in case anybody saw me. Soon enough the door was opened by a very stressed looking Liam, frowning when he spotted who was at his door.

"Harry what a-" I stepped inside before he could continue and turned,

"We need to talk, now." He nodded and shut the door, escorting me into his living room. I'd met Niall a few times from his house so I thankfully remembered where he lived. I took a seat on his sofa and waited for him to sit down, fishing the letter out of my jacket.

"Do you know anything that's in this?" I questioned, opening it up. He shook his head and removed the glasses from his face,

"Is that what you're here about?" I nodded and set the letter down next to me.

"Has he spoke to you since he gave this to you?" He shook his head, panicking a little now.

"He's not doing anything stupid is he, it isn't anything serious is it?" I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"Sorry I'm making it out to sound drastic, it's just that he's said he's not coming to prom now. I know you were trying to get him to come, but he saw me with one of my friends, who's a girl, and got the wrong message. He's not coming anymore." I lowered my head and he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"He's not mentioned anything to me Harry, I'm sorry. Do you want me to try and get hold of him?" I nodded and he got his phone out, scrolling until he reached Louis' name and dialing it, placing it on loud speaker. The phone rang and rang but there was no answer, he tried again a few more times but we gave up after five attempts.

"I want him to be there Liam, we were going to make things up there and come out. Just like you and Niall." I felt bad making Liam feel guilty, but he was the only person who could really help me. He was still in contact with Louis and was one of the only people that knew about us, so it was Liam or nobody.

"What else did the letter say, if you don't mind me asking?" Liam said,

"He was saying how he missed me and still loved me, but he didn't want to get hurt again so he's not coming to prom. He guessed he got the message wrong but he still didn't want to make a fool of himself and hopes someday we can meet and resolve these things." I felt a lump in my throat forming and tried my best not to cry. The thought of him being emotional writing the letter was getting to me, I understood why he would have thought I'd moved on but I love him. I really do. Love's such a strong word, but I truly felt it. Just being in his lessons made my day, even though we couldn't really do anything, all the little glances we gave each other set my heart on fire. Whenever I caught him watching me we'd just smile to ourselves because we both felt the same thing. When we were together and acting like a couple, every little movement would make my insides explode like fireworks. His touch gave me shivers down my spine and I craved it so badly. I just wanted my Louis back.

"I'm not sure what more I can do Harry, you can stay here for a little while if you like, just in case he calls?" I smiled and nodded.

"That would be great Liam, thank you." He got up from his chair and smiled back.

"My pleasure Harry, would you like a hot drink?"

"Tea please, no sugar." He made a mental note and headed for the kitchen, stopping just at the door to answer his ringing phone. I turned around and looked at him just in case it was Louis but he sadly shook his head, I soon realised who it was when he began using terms such as 'baby' and 'love' - Niall. I checked through the texts on my phone whilst I waited for him to return, Niall had text me telling me he hoped I was alright and asked where I was, I didn't reply however, I just put my phone away and waited for Liam to return.

He entered the living room with his phone tucked between his ear and shoulder, chatting away as he carried the two cups in. He placed them on the coasters and sat down, holding onto his phone properly now.

"Go for a pepperoni, you can never go wrong. Garlic bread too if you can, alright love I'll see you soon. Yeah. Okay. Bye baby. Love you, yeah, bye." He put the phone down and looked over at me.

"Sorry, Niall called. He should be here in about twenty minutes with some pizza, I told him you were here. He said you left the restaraunt you guys were at so they dismissed their food orders and went home." I felt a little bad on walking out on them both but they understood Louis was my main focus at the minute, it would be the same for them if they were in my situation.

"That's okay, would you like me to leave after this then?" I asked, motioning to my cup.

"No no, you can stay. Niall's bringing you food too, because you didn't eat when you were out. He told me he wants an explanation from you for your disappearing act though, I was going to explain but I knew it wasn't my place. I'm sorry the letter was a bit disappointing." I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of my tea before continuing,

"It's not your fault, you were just told to pass it on." He half smiled at me and took a sip of his drink,

"I suppose so, did you not think to call him yourself?" I chewed on my lip anxiously,

"I deleted his number not so long ago when I was really mad and I hadn't got it anywhere else, so even if I wanted to I couldn't." He laughed at me and opened up his phone.

"Here, take his number and do what you think is best. You might be better off texting him than ringing him, he's quite a busy man at the minute. He won't mind you having his number, again." I thanked him and added Louis back as a contact in my phone.

"I'm not sure if you want to, but I think Niall's staying the night tonight so feel free to join him. I know how much you need the support of your best friend at the moment and I don't want to get in the way, I'd rather help."

"If you don't mind, I think I can."

"Sorted then, when Niall goes to get his stuff later you can pick yours up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

idk if this sucks or not?

i just wanted to show that liam still supports larry even though there's malfunctions and ofc niam are going strong.

QUESTIONS:

do you think harry overreacted?

should harry text louis?