CHAPTER THREE

🌸 | T A N Y A | 🌸

It was Friday which meant it was pay day sis.Mr.Easton was late today as I had my heels up on my desk texting Milly.As we discussed plans for this weekend I rubbed my eyes tired as I took another sip from my coffee.
I was so tired it was no joke honestly.Between working at the dinner and here I was only getting three or four hours of sleep and that wasn't healthy.

I sighed than jumped startled as I heard a door slam shut.
My eyes seen that it was just Mr.Easton in his office.
As he seemed a mess like he had lack of sleep and seemed stressed.He didn't have his glasses today and he didnt bother trying to cover up his tattoos.His beard looked scruffy and his waves looked flat.

Well of course he's looking like this.I would be distraught to with a baby mama from hell having random guys touching and beating my daughter.I was disgusted and shocked when I saw everything went left so quick as he choked his baby mama.I never seen a man that angry before you can tell he doesn't play about his daughter.Its a shame that happened to her Kiera,is such a sweet inoccent little girl who would go mess with her innocence like that?A sick ass person that's who.

I had sympathy for Mr.Easton and his daughter.
I felt like going over there and checking on him.But I felt like he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.But I don't like sad glum people,that's how you slip into depression I remember being that way.I looked at the box of doughnut sI had.Lauren and the other assistant already had one her name was Gloria and my fat ass took two.Hey I bought em.I thought.I knocked on his door as I tapped my foot waiting for his reply.
"Come in."He said groggily.I opened the door stepping in as his blinds were closed and the lights were off and there was only light coming from the computer.

"Good afternoon Mr.Easton I had doughnuts from earlier I came to see if you wanted one,or two...."I dragged out the two as I looked down at the doughnuts.
And I looked back up seeing him looking at my chest.I cleared my throat to get his attention.
"Ahem...doughnuts?"I repeated again.
"Oh right uh just leave it on my desk."He told me as I got a napkin and placed it on his desk leaving a doughnut there.
I gripped the box as I argued with my conscious whether to or not to bring up the conversation.
Just ask him?
No he obviously looks like he's been going through it why would he want to talk about it.
Let him say how he feels, let him rant to you.
No,I don't even know him like that and he doesn't know me like that.
Tanya speak now.

"You good?"I heard him ask and I realised I was just standing there looking at the door.
"Actually know somethings troubling me."I spoke up as I turned around.Damn it my conscious has won again.I thought.
"I know its not any of my business,but I was wondering how you feel and if you're okay or not cus I don't like seeing people hurt."I rushed out in one breath as I cringed at myself ready for him to go off on me like how Kevin Hart told the teacher to mind her gahdamn business.

"Your right."He said.
"Im hurt.."
He finshed his sentence.
"How so?"I asked taking a seat I decided to play therapists today.
I sat there taking in everything he said as he ranted.He must've felt a certain calmness or good vibe from me in order to talk to me cus I was basically a stranger to him.
Half way through his ranting his phone beeped.
"Damn its lunch time."He said.
I got out of my seat.
"Ill go get your food."I told him as I was confused seeing him stand up as he towered over me.
"Nah im goin witchu we can stop and grab a bite somewhere,its nice talking to you."He said.
"Okay um alright,let me get my purse."I said walking over to my office getting my purse and put my coat on as well because today was one of those teeth chattering cold days in New York.Which I should expect because winter was coming soon.
I just hoped everything went well when I ate today with Mr.Easton.

💎~ D A V E ~ 💎

💎~ D A V E ~ 💎

I sat across from Tanya at China WOK as I spoke to her about the situacion with Kiera.
"I should've known Natalie would pull sumn like this,I thought I could trust her cus you expect her to take care or her dauguter right?Nah so she lost all privileges to see her."I spoke as our food was placed in front of us.
"Well Mr.East-."
"Call me Dave."I told her.
"Alright well Dave from what I think is that she got to comfortable with what she's been doing,have you ever threatened to gain custody of Kiera and her lose her rights,cus it seems as if she only cares about losing money if she loses custody of Kiera,I think you should ask Kiera for her input like for example,what do you think about staying with me instead of mommy."Tanya explained.
I nodded my head as I ate my shrimp eggroll.
"That would be nice and all,but I still got a job to do both of my siblings need to work and my parents can't watch her forever they got a life too and I don't trust nannies cus they do some petty shit behind your back."I explained remebering all the crazy ass nanny movies ive seen as I also remembered articles about nannies.There was two things I didn't trust,nannies and uber drivers.

"Why don't you get a nanny cam?"She asked me.
"Nah."I said shaking my head.
"Ill just have her sit in my office."I told her.
"Or you could attach a play room since there's only two offices on our floor you could put one in mine cus its glass and you can keep an eye on her."She spoke a good idea.
I nodded.
"I like that idea,ill defenitley have to go through with it."I think this is the first time ive been with a woman other than my mother and my sister that wanted to talk about something else than how rich I am and how many cars I had or how good I was at fuckin.

She chuckled.
"Im smart oww."She said in a Cardi B voive as she patted her hair and tooted her lips out.
I laughed at her silly side.
"Don't let it go to your head."I told her.
"Its already big enough."I finished with a smirk as she gasped.
"Dont do me like that,you have no room to be talkin,literally ole air head self you a walking bobble head."She spole making me laugh.
"You ribbin now?"I asked her.
"Mhmm im the queen of ribbin took a couple of years but im the champ now."She spoke putting a hand to her chest as she batted her eye lashes and I shook my head at her and I was ready to go as we both finshed our food.
I called the waiter over for the check as Tanya went into her purse getting her wallet as she went to pay.
"If you don't put that wallet away,I offered you to come eat with me so im gonna pay for us both."I told her as I was suprised at her actions usually girls would know I was rich and wait for me to pay each time.
"Let me just pay my half please."
"Nah put it away."I told her as I waved her off as she huffed.
"Im payin the tip than."She said and I gave her a look and she smacked her teeth as she sighed rolling her eyes.
"Alright fine."She said as I watched her short self get up.
Was she that upset?I thought.
Nah she's smiling she's just waiting for me.I paid than left a tip as we walked to the door.
"What are you doin?"She asked confused as I moved her hand from the door gently.
"Opening the door for you."I told her.
"Oh thank you" she said walking out as I watched her walk.
I only opened the door for my mother and sister every othee girl ain deserve it.But I was tryna prove to Tanya that I could be a gentleman.
Anything to prove myself to this girl.