Signs of Life [FF][Cloud Strife]

This is my favorite so far (what does that say about me?). Also, one of my favorite songs. Love me some Andrew Belle.

I dont know if y'all have listened to like the WHOLE song when you read these, but with this one I would b/c the beginning portion of this is written based off the end of the song.

_____________

Cloud could walk. His legs were shaky and his knees felt like rubber, but with the amount of adrenaline and pure fear in his blood he kept moving. Blood continued to drip from his hairline into his eyes, but he was too preoccupied to wipe it away.

"You need to sit down, sir." The white jacketed doctor urged him, "Your injuries are serious." He glanced over his shoulder, "I need some help over here! This is an emergency!"

Cloud roughly shoved past the doctor and continued down the white hall leaving a trail of blood drops as he went. His blue eyes darted across the room looking for the white bed he had been following.

"...9:24 PM. Mark it down." A different doctor in the distance said to a nurse. Cloud couldn't keep his eyes on them though because he finally spotted you. Your still body lied on a white, blood stained bed beside the doctor and nurse.

Cloud rushed over, pushing past doctors and nurses that tried to top him. He took a shuddering breath, "[Name]? [Name]!"

The injured man had shoved the doctor aside and paused by you. He wanted to hold your hand. To brush the hair covering your face away. To wipe away all the blood. Cloud couldn't move though.

"Help." He croaked and glared up at the nurse, "Help her!"

"Sir, we're sorry. She isn't-"

"This is an emergency!" He roared, "Help her!"

More blood trailed down his face. It wasn't until it dripped onto your arm that he realized it was tears not blood. Cloud felt like he couldn't breathe. What would he have to give to get a little urgency around here?

"I'm sorry, sir. The injuries were too severe. She didn't make it." The doctor spoke behind him.

Cloud's vision blurred as he hesitantly reached down to touch you. His fingers brushed your pale cheek. There was no warmth. He shook his head as he cupped your face.

"[Name], no please." He begged, "Please, no."

Cloud couldn't tear his eyes away from you. He waited for you to move. He waited for you to open your eyes and see him. Cloud waited for a sign of life from you. Any sign of life you could give.

"I'm sorry sir. She's gone."

ONE HOUR EARLIER

"Just show me where you parked." Cloud shook his head with a small smile slipping onto his features.