#1. Falling

He took a deep breath. Warm, summer night air filled his lungs. The sun had disappeared already and the stars were now dancing across the cloudless sky. Not even the moon was visible tonight. Just stars and stars as far as Roxas could see. Even the desert he stood in was barren, adding more emphasis to the night sky. Roxas wasn't entirely sure where he was, but he felt no confusion or worry. Pure bliss flooded through his system as he continually breathed in the night air.
A sudden light in the distance broke his trance. It seemed like the sun was beginning to peek over the horizon. So slowly the sun crept. Its rays slowly began to change the color of the sky as the stars began to hide away.
Roxas's bliss was torn moments later with an earth shattering crack. The ground below him had begun to split. A new feeling rose up from his belly.
Fear.
Panic.
Roxas began to race toward the horizon line. A part of him was sure that's where he'd be safe. The ground began to shift and move under him. He watched in horror as large pieces began to fall away into nothing. Roxas was so scared as he raced along the uneven ground. His calm breathing had turned to ragged breaths. No matter how hard he pushed his legs to propel him though it seemed it wasn't enough. More ground fell away until finally it took Roxas down with it. He opened his mouth to scream in bloody terror but found no voice to cry out with.
As he fell the feeling of panic and fear began to slip away. Roxas curiously closed his eyes. Bliss began to pass over him again as the wind gently brushed across his face. This wasn't what Roxas expected. He thought falling entitled pain, suffering, and fear. Roxas always assumed the three would forever be paired with falling.
Since when has falling ever been pleasant?
'Roxas.'
He released a pleasant sigh.
'Roxas!'
At the sound of his name being faintly said Roxas opened his eyes. The breaking desert was gone. It had been replaced with white tile floors. The dawn sky was gone and instead there was a white board with numbers written across it. Roxas sat up in his desk and rubbed his eyes.
"You fell asleep Roxy." You laughed lightly and shifted your book in your arms, "Come on it's time for lunch."
Roxas smiled as you held your hand out for him to take. He stood and took your hand, tangling his fingers with yours. Roxas could remember now. Despite what he had initially thought about love, falling for you had been the greatest thing to ever happen to him.