Midas Touch [Daisy Johnson(AOS)]

Ok, so yeah, I'm doing them sort of out of order. Sue me. It's my own challenge. I'll do what I want. This isn't my song challenge, but I added a song b/c I couldn't resist. Once again, I do what I want.

.08. Choose a color.

The dimly lit, dirty hallway only led to a larger room that was just as badly lit and just as dirty

The dimly lit, dirty hallway only led to a larger room that was just as badly lit and just as dirty. Honestly, why did bad guys always want to meet in such repulsive places? You understood the whole 'staying hidden from the law ' thing, but damn, weren't there some hidden, clean places lying around somewhere?

You let your heavy boot kick a bottle to the side as your nose scrunched up in disgust. The shady guy who was leading the two of you into the filthy place glanced over his shoulder at the noise, but quickly focused his gaze back ahead of him.

"The Director and Midas are in the area. Back up positions check in." Agent May's voice crackled over your earpiece as she spoke over the comm system. As others began to check in, you rolled your eyes and let out a shallow sigh. Needless to say, you were not overly impressed with your codename.

Director Coulson, who walked half a step to your left, glanced over at you and you could see his lips twitch up in amusement before he steeled his features again. It was strange knowing you were walking beside Coulson even though he didn't look anything like the Coulson you knew. He wore a Nano Mask that made him look entirely different. He had also traded in his typical navy suit for a black t-shirt, dark jeans, and a leather jacket. You wore something similar, minus the Nano Mask, because apparently the bad guy rulebook stated that you had to not only meet in a shitty place, but you also had to wear suspicious black clothing.

You readjusted the black gloves over your hands for the thousandth time that day. Most of the time you were barely aware of the fact that you constantly tugged the leather gloves tighter despite the fact that they wouldn't go past your wrists. It had become a force of habit over the past three months.

"They're up ahead." The guy in front of you said gruffly. He stopped in his tracks and took his place by another henchman beside a large stack of crates. Your eyes drifted over the area as you naturally took in every escape route, enemy, and threat. There were four henchmen in total that stood off to the side. In the clear area up ahead were two more men who stood by a heavy wooden table. The first man was a known HYDRA associate with a bald head, small brown eyes, and a metal briefcase in his hand. You recognized his face from a file, but he was small game right now.

The man you were after stood on the opposite of the table. He wore an expensive suit and looked like the kind of guy you'd see on the cover of a magazine rather than in a shitty warehouse. His dirty blond hair was styled neatly and he had a smug smirk drawn on his lips. Dr. Gregorian was high on the list of HYDRA scumbags who needed to get thrown into a cell and left to rot for the rest of their miserable lives.

"You've finally joined us." Dr. Gregorian said toward the two of you, "John Smith and his...lovely associate." The way his eyes gazed over you made you want to gag, but instead you grinned and tossed your hair over your shoulder. He looked back to Coulson, "Now that we've met, do I get your real name?"