#3. Hurt

Just a short drabble that conects to Breaking Worlds (which I will update soon...hopefully...)

____________________________

You sat on the couch curled up. The house was dark and Clark, Lydia, Namine, and her mom were already in bed. You should've been in bed hours ago, but you couldn't quiet your mind.

Today you had watched the Supernatural episode on your parents. It was a rough episode. Your mother had been tortured by the mysterious demon that kidnapped her and your father had been near death fighting the wrong demons. As you sat with the group watching it you kept a straight face. When asked about how you felt about the episode you just shrugged and said put the next one on.

The truth was it hurt.

It hurt so bad.

As you watched the episode you continued to reassure yourself that your parents were fine. That nothing like this had ever happened to them and they were in perfect health back home. No matter what you said to yourself though it didn't numb the hurt.

This pain wasn't a physical one though. To be honest you'd prefer a physical pain. Maybe a baseball bat to the kneecaps wouldn't be as bad, or maybe a knife to your gut.

A sigh escaped your lips as the TV screen flashed the painful episode you couldn't stop watching. You knew you were being overdramatic but the sharp internal pain of seeing your parents like that was hard to describe.

You grabbed the remote and paused the screen on a picture of your parents. This type of pain wouldn't ever heal either. You could call it a scar, but even after time a scar would stop hurting. The scar would just be a reminder.

This was more.

It was like it was leaving an invisible open wound on your soul that would ache every time you thought of your parents. Would you ever be able to look at your mother without seeing flashes of blood and tears? Could you ever think of your father without seeing his dying face flash across your mind?

You curled back into a ball and buried your face into your knees. It felt as if your arms around your legs was the only thing keeping you from falling to pieces on the floor.

What medicine could numb this hurt?