Set Up [Marvel][Sam Wilson]

I have never written for Sam Wilson before but I love him. Hopefully, I didn't do too bad of a job. this is for ReachForMyHand! Hope you like it!

_________________________

Sam Wilson and [Name] get handcuffed together and lose the key.

_________________________

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" You blurted with wide eyes.

The young, blonde girl shrugged her shoulders sheepishly, "I can't find it. I must have dropped it on my way here. Man, my dad is going to kill me."

You turned your head to look at Sam Wilson who stood beside you with his lips pressed together. The slight twitch of his lips told you he was doing everything in his power not to burst into laughter. You narrowed your eyes at him and he cleared his throat and looked away.

"I am so sorry." The girl said again with a smile. You gave her a forced grin before letting out a loud sigh.

Sam cleared his throat again, "It was an accident, [Name]."

You tore your gaze away from the girl to glare at Sam who just smiled at you. He rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. Sam used his left hand to do so only because his right hand was connected to yours by a short metal chain.

Handcuffs. Damn handcuffs.

You pulled your left arm closer to your body making him stumble slightly with a laugh tumbling from his lips. You looked back to the girl, "This isn't a big deal. We can just call someone to break-"

"Please don't!" The girl cried, "My dad would kill me if I broke his handcuffs. I took them off his uniform this morning."

"You're gonna make her cry, [Name]." Sam mumbled to you jokingly. You elbowed him with left arm making his own arm follow yours.

She gave you a pleading look, "I can find the keys! Just give me a couple minutes! Please?"

"Fine." You gave her a small smile, "We'll wait here, ok?" She nodded and turned to run away. Sam chuckled to himself as you let out another sigh, "In hindsight, when the strange girl asked us to take a picture while wearing handcuffs we probably should've said no."

Sam nodded, "It was a really weird request, but who could say no to a little girl like that? We aren't heartless."

"No, seriously? Why the hell did we say yes to that?" You tugged at the metal bracelet around your wrist.

Sam smirked, "I'd never say no to being handcuffed to a beautiful woman."

You shoved him lightly and ignored the heat on your cheeks, "I got to get to work soon." You ignored the curious gazes of all the people passing you on the park's path.

"You're always working these days. Shield technically doesn't even exist anymore, can't you get a few more vacation days?" Sam questioned.

You scoffed, "Yeah, I'll try pitching that idea to Coulson."

"Come on, [Name], relax." Sam began to walk down the path, dragging you along with him, "We're healthy. No bad guys have tried to kill us today. It's a beautiful day outside. What's there to be upset about?"

"We're handcuffed together in public and there is no key in sight." You stopped in your tracks bringing him to a sudden halt and lifted your left arm making his right raise some too.

Sam grinned and pulled his right behind his back, which pulled you forward so you were pressed against him, "Being handcuffed together isn't all that bad."

Your lips twitched up in a smile. There was a pause between the two of you that was interrupted by a new party.

"See? It's this kind of shameless flirting that led to these results."

Sam let his right arm fall back to his side and you stepped away from him to see Natasha and Clint standing a few feet away. You narrowed your eyes at your red headed friend, "What?"

Clint lifted his hand to show a sliver key hanging from his fingers. Sam clicked his tongue, "Didn't see that coming."

"How do you guys have the key??" You cried.

Natasha shrugged, "You guys are obviously into each other but never take the next step. This is me setting the two of you up."

"We paid the little girl. Didn't think you guys would actually say yes to her though." Clint shook his head.

"Setting someone up means making them go on a date, not handcuffing them together in the middle of the park, Nat." You replied.

She shrugged with a smile on her lips, "Close enough."

"Here, man." Clint tossed the keys and Sam caught it easily.

"Sorry for trying to help." Natasha said without much sincerity in her voice. "See you guys back at the Tower?"

You nodded, "Yeah. See you."

"Later, guys." Sam grinned as the two of them continued on their way. He turned to look at you and chuckled, "That makes a whole lot more sense than some girl wanting our picture because she saw me in a magazine once."

"Seriously? Why did we say yes?" You asked again and lifted your hand for Sam to unlock it. He took the key and held it behind his back where you couldn't reach it. You rolled your eyes, "Sam."

He nodded with a smirk, "I'll unlock us on one condition."

"What?" You asked, unable to hide the growing smile on your lips.

Sam's amused smirk turned to a genuine smile, "You promise to work less and come visit me more." He tilted his head briefly, "I miss you."

"I think I can manage that." You nodded, "With one condition of my own."

"That is?" He asked and grabbed your left hand. He held it in his own as he stuck the key in.

"You buy me coffee before I leave." You smirked and rubbed your wrist after the metal was gone. He unlocked his own with a chuckle as you continued, "I mean, like you said. Shield technically doesn't exist which means technically neither does my paycheck."

Sam nodded and stuck the handcuffs into his back pocket, "I think I can manage that." He held his arm out for you to take, "If we hurry we can catch up to Nat and Clint then handcuff them together."

You grinned and slipped your arm through his before the two of you headed down the path in the direction that both Clint and Natasha had left in.