Heartbreak Girl [KH][Riku]

This was one of those ideas that started better in my head, but once I got it typed down it wasnt as good as I imagined it. Struggle. However, you've totally got be obsessed with 5 Seconds of Summer now so thanks for that Adree.

_______________

The sound of a shrill phone ringing cut through the air. Riku stared at his cell phone without moving. He knew who was calling and he knew that he wouldn't be able to resist answering.

It rang for a third time and he rushed to answer it and pull it to his ear, "Hello? [Name]?"

"Riku..." Your voice broke over the phone line and it felt like a punch to the gut to him. How many times had you made this call to him? Too many to count. It was a broken record of your broken heart and each time it killed him a little more.

"Riku, I hurts."

He knew you were hurt and it hurt him.

"My heart is breaking."

You were crying again. He comforted you. Told you that you deserved better than your ex-boyfriend.

"It kills me to see him with her."

He'd tell you that you deserve someone that would never dream of hurting you. Someone that would be good to you. Someone to take care of you, but he'd never admit that he wanted to be that someone.

"He's moved on, but I just can't Riku."

You didn't want to hear that though. You just wanted some comforting words, not a confession of love. He was a sucker for anything you wanted, anything you did.

So Riku would lie again and again.

These phone calls always ended the same way. Your tears would dry up momentarily. Just long enough to say, "Thanks for being a friend, Riku. I'll call you tomorrow again."

He'd reply with something witty. Something that would make you laugh and he'd picture the warm smile on your face. In the few seconds before you hung up he imagined telling the truth.

He imagined forcing himself out of the friend zone and telling you how much he cared. Riku was there for you day and night. He'd do anything for you. Anything to make you smile.

He'd take care of you.

He'd be good for you.

Riku could never take that step though. The line always went dead and he always wound up wondering 'what if'. He knew he'd see you with another guy again. He'd see your heart break again, but he knew that he'd be there to pick up the pieces like always.

Riku also knew that one day you'd see him piecing together your heart. It could take weeks, months, maybe years, but he couldn't give up on you.

So he would wait for the phone call.

He would wait for his heartbreak girl.