Light Up the Sky [FF][Kain Highwind]

This is for MistyAngle2. I hope you like it. I have never written for Kain. In fact, I don't ever even remember reading about him haha. Hopefully, I didn't do too terribly. 

_________________________

Kain and [Name] watch fireworks together. 

_________________________

The dark sky was lit up again as another colorful explosion was fired into the sky. Your eyes widened in amazement. It seemed like each firework was better than the last. If there were one thing that Disney was good at it would be fireworks. In all honesty, you couldn't imagine a better end to a day as fantastic as the one you just had.

You turned your head to grin at the man standing next to you. His long blond hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and he wore a light blue jacket over his plain white t-shirt. His eyes had been focused on the sky above, but after a few minutes of you smiling at him he glanced over. The corner of his lip curled up slightly at you.

Kain had maintained his clam demeanor all throughout the park today, which was probably a good thing. It balanced out your near childish excitement. If it weren't for him you probably would've sped around the park at a million miles per hour today.

"Did you have fun?" He asked. You dug into your bag for a moment and pulled out a pair of black mickey ears that matched the Minnie ones on your own head. You stood on your tip-toes and stuck it on his head with a grin. His eyes darted upwards before landing back on you, "Really?"

"I had the time of my life." You answered honestly.

Kain refrained from taking the ears off and instead pulled you closer to him. You leaned against his side and looked back up at the sky as a rather large, blue firework exploded in a spectacular fashion. Your eyes widened again in amazement and excitement. Kain hadn't looked back up at the sky yet because he was too busy taking in your features.

He admired how easily you could forget the stresses of reality and focus on the simple wonders of life. All day today he watched as you enjoyed yourself with a child like amusement at the beauty of the park.

"Whoa! Did you see that one! It was right behind the castle!"

"Mmhm." Kain replied and leaned over to press his lips against your temple. You curled closer into him in response, but kept your eyes to the sky while Kain kept his eyes on you.

Fireworks were impressive, but nothing compared to you.