Hell of a World [KH][Riku]

Yay, Riku drabble is out. This is for @linkinparklover1212 and I hope you like it! 

____________________________

Riku and [Name] meet during the zombie apocalypse. [Name] needs Riku's help.

____________________________

The world had gone to hell. People used to always say the world was heading in that direction over the past few years. They'd complain about the economy, the social injustice, the high gas prices, and moan about how the world was awful.

Of course now that more than 75% of the world's population was dead the timeframe a couple years ago looked like a slice of heaven. Nobody really knew what hell on Earth looked like until after the X1N1 virus decimated nearly every living thing. At that point, most people were wishing that they had died in the initial wave of the virus. Anything would be better than the world now.

Riku was not one of those people.

Did he wish things were like they were before the virus? Yes. Would he trade his soul if it meant things going back the way they were? Of course. Did he want to roll over and die because that would be easier than the world he lived in now? Fuck no. The way he saw it, he was alive to do one thing: Protect his friends from the monsters that roamed the Earth looking for flesh and blood.

That's why he was hiding in an abandoned building looking for anything that might be helpful while Sora and Kairi were holed away on the other side of town. They usually worked as a team when it came to scavenging, but Sora had gotten hurt on one of the last runs and wasn't as quick on his feet as he usually was. That meant it was either an injured Sora that was left alone in their make shift camp while him and Kairi went out to look for stuff or Kairi would stay to help Sora in case something bad happened and Riku would face the ugly world alone.

Sora tried arguing his own opinion, but Riku did the better job in convincing Kairi to join his side of the argument. So now here he was looking for food in a place that had been cleared out for months, if not a complete year, ago. He sighed and kicked an empty box that shuffled across the floor. There had to be something here.

"Psst, hey!"

Riku tensed and spun around with his knife in hand. The entire room around him was empty, but then he spotted a head poking out from around the corner. It was an unfamiliar woman with big, [eye color] eyes and long [hair color] hair. His eyes narrowed in confusion as the woman just stared at him. She sighed and motioned with her hand for him to come over, "Hey!

He glanced over his shoulder before looking back at her only to see she had disappeared around the corner. Riku wasn't exactly sure what his next step should be. He had to be wary considering his back up was about a mile away. People these days weren't always what they seemed. The last guy Riku, Sora, and Kairi had trusted turned out to be part of some 13 membered gang that wanted them dead.

After a moment of hesitation, he headed in the direction of the woman with his knife clutched in his hand. Riku peeked his head around the corner to see the woman standing in front of a large window that had the glass broken out. She turned around and smiled, "Hi."

Riku's mouth fell open in surprise before he regained his composure. Did she just say hi to him? It was the damn apocalypse. Dead people had come to life and were now feasting on the living and this lady had the nerve to say hi as if they had just bumped into each other at a crowded coffee shop? Riku shook his head, "Hi?"

She glanced out the window one more time before taking a step toward him. Riku took a step back in response with his weapon raised. It didn't look like the woman had any weapons on her, but he wouldn't let her have the upper hand. She held her hands up, "I mean no harm. My name is [Name], and I was wondering if you could help me?"