Epilogue

"Are you glad to finally be leaving this place", Damien said as he grabbed my bag.

"Very. I didn't think the doctors would keep me here so long. I think I forgot what my bed feels like", I said grabbing the last of my things.

"Don't worry, we'll break it back in as soon as we get you home...well if you're up for it", he said grabbing a hold of my hand and kissing my cheek. I couldn't help but blush, I still haven't become a custom to him always being around. Everyday it's like I'm just starting this public relationship with him and I don't care who judges me. Before leaving I went to say goodbye to my nurse and doctor friends, after being so long in this hospital they had become like a second family. Of course there were mixed feelings, I was happy to leave and be home but sad to leave my second family.

"By sweetie, take care. I hope you and that adorable boy of yours come and visit", one of the nurses said as I hugged her farewell. After her came my doctor, I'm not going to lie he was a good looking guy and of course Damien got a tad jealous when our hug lasted longer than expected. That's probably the reason why the car ride home was so quiet.

"Don't be mad", I finally said breaking the silence.

"I can't help it. Part of me still thinks I don't deserve you."

"Well stop, I think its cute you get jealous after all this time. Plus I chose you didn't I and nothing would ever make me regret that", I said grabbing a hold of his hand for reassurance. He smiled and seemed to be content with my answer. Good, I didn't want to get home already fighting. We got home and I was already itching to get inside. I unbuckled my seatbelt and practically rushed to open the door to back seat.

"I still can't believe he slept through the whole ride here", Damien said as I grabbed the tiny newborn in my arms and hugged him tight. He seemed so fragile to Damien so he left all the carrying up to me and he just took my luggage back inside. Having this child was one of the hardest things I have done. Doctors said no to a C-Section because of my stepsister plus knife incident a couple years back. So it was all natural, before I could even suggest an epidural, they had me push. It was all so emotional at first, my mind kept referring back to the baby I had lost in high school. My first trimester was when I was the most cautious, practically locked myself in my house. Thankfully I, we, pulled through and I was able to have Damien Jr.

I managed to get him to his room without making to much noise. When I got their, Damien was standing there with a camera and quickly took a picture as I walked in.

"I figured Damien could use a baby book", he said as he stuck the picture in a scrapbook and handed it to me once l placed the little bundle of joy in his crib. I placed it on a shelf and went downstairs to let him sleep. I looked through the mail and saw a letter from Angela and my parents. I looked at it for what seemed to be forever and I got lost in my world.

"I still can't believe that they let her off with just probation and no jail time", Damien said hugging me from behind seeing that I looked like I needed comforting.

"If I didn't forgive her I would be no better than her. Plus I pretty happy with you and the baby. I have my perfect family", I said turning to Damien ams pulling in for a kiss.

"How long until he wakes up", Damien asked.

"Well he hasn't slept well until now, so I'd say twenty minutes", I said already knowing what he was suggesting.

"Great", he said picking me up in his arms and carrying me to our room. As soon as we hit the bed we knocked out, pretty romantic, I know. We both needed sleep, Damien Jr. may be precious but he has lungs, which evidently began to work full force 20 minutes later. Not wanting to get up, I nudged my snoring husband who wouldn't budge. After a couple attempts he finally gave in and got up.

"He seems hungry... I was going to breast feed him myself, but I have pecks, so yeah that is my wife's job", he said coming back into the room trying to calm the, now, restless newborn.

"Haha you're so funny. Just bring him here", I said sitting up and taking the baby in my arms and feeding him.

"When he goes back down. we're making another baby", he said with a smile.

"Deal."

---------

Author's Note:

Okay so this is the end. I'm both happy and sad to see this done. It's been a long time and I never thought I would make it to the end. I even thought about abandoning this story, but thankfully I didn't. Well anyways thanks to all my readers, I hope this grows over time. I'm officially done with editing and rewriting this book. Thank you again for those who were in this for the long run. Check out my other books :]