Chapter 11: The Rain

His words echoed in my head, "...and I really like you." I went to my room and grabbed some pajamas and told Collin I was going to go change. I didn't need to change but I I did need somewhere to think alone. I started listing reasons why not to run into Damien's arm and tell him I love him.

1. He has a girlfriend.

2. You have a boyfriend.

3. His girlfriend is your stepsister.

It was clear; I can't have feelings for him. I can't love him. I needed to talk to someone, so I pulled my phone out and dialed Cynthia's number.

"Hello", Cynthia answered. She sounded surprised that I had called her.

"Cynthia, I don't know what to do, Damien said he really liked my, but I told him to get over me, but it's taking all my strength not to run back to him."

"Okay Jade, this is getting really old."

"Excuse me", I said with an angry tone in my voice.

"I know you're crazy over Damien, but you have something great with Collin why would you throw that away for Damien, by what Angela is always talking about at school; I don't think they're going to be breaking up anytime soon. I suggest you live up to what you told Damien and get over him and be happy with Collin. Or do you really wanna take a chance, leave Collin, and get your heart broken... again. I'm telling you Damien has a reputation of being a player."

"A player? How, Angela has been his only girlfriend", I asked wanting to know more.

"Well I didn't want to tell you this, but the football team makes bets that involve girls and Damien is famous for being part of these bets. Why do you think Angela is clingy and any chance she gets, she sleeps with him."

"I don't know, tell me why", I told her not really wanting an answer anymore. My eyes started to tear up. What if I was part of one of those bets?

"She's scared that one day he'll leave her for a girl he may have slept with over a bet. Face it Jade, your first love is a player. Focus on Collin and maybe Collin will be your second love. I gotta go, if you want we can talk tomorrow too."

"Yeah, sure", I said sniffling and wiping my eyes.

"Ok, bye." I put my phone down. I washed my face, hoping it would make it less noticeable that I cried. I wasn't crying because I was sad, it was because I was mad. Was I really part of a bet? Did the things Damien told me at homecoming night a lie just to get me in bed? Ugh. I wanted to punch something, so I did. My fist slammed into the wall. Almost immediately my hand began to hurt. It didn't swell up, but I cut it up pretty bad. I heard Collin knocking at the door.

"Jade are you ok?"

"I'm fine, I just hurt my hand", I said grabbing my hand, trying not to scream in pain.

"Well can you unlock the door?" I reached for the door knob and unlocked it.

"Jesus Jade, what happened to you hand", he said grabbing my hand and examining it.

"I told you I hurt it."

"How, well that doesn't matter now. Let's clean it up", he said grabbing bandages and rubbing alcohol. He out my hand over the sink and poured the alcohol over it. Of course being myself, I had to scream, loud.

"Should have told you it was going to sting", he said smiling and grabbing and ace wrap and wrapping my hand up. Damien came in, shirtless of course and wearing his boxers. Angela followed him wearing his jersey. They made up fast.

"Nothing, I just hurt my hand, but it's all good now" I said looking at my hand all bandaged up.

"Are you sure, we could take you to the hospital", Damien asked.