Chapter 21: Just A Bet

Bringing an extra change of clothes was a good idea because I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself by showing up in a formal dress while everyone else is dressed like any Friday night drinking the night away. I didn't want to end up like those people, but I didn't reject a drink when offered one. I'm pretty sure I was going to get way more messed up than the last party I went to. Try to stay in control and conscious.

"I think we should take it easy", I told Cynthia.

"Lighten up, here take this." I took a whiff of it and my head started spinning and my nosed burned at the smell of all the alcohol mixed in one little cup.

"No way, do you smell how strong that is."

"What's wrong little, sweet Jade can't hang", Justin said sneaking up behind me.

"Give me that." I took the drink and chugged it down. I'm never one to give in, but this guy erks me. I was right about the drink being string. It didn't take long for the drink to set in. it was enough to loosen me up, but not enough to make me black out.

"You're right I needed this", I yelled at Cynthia trying to be heard through the loud music blasting as we were dancing.

"I love this song", Cynthia said as Glad You Came started playing. On queue strobe and laser lights were turned on.

"This is where things get fun", Tyler said grabbing Cynthia away.

Now I'm dancing by myself...yeah I don't do that. I left the living room, which was now the dance floor to find something else to do or someone to talk to. The whole mingle thing was harder than I thought. I really wish someone had told me rooms were used for hooking up at parties. I swear I walked into like two girls and one guy. Scarred for life. When I went to the bathroom and opened the door a giant cloud of marijuana smoke hit me. I swear I thought I was having an asthma attack. I finally ran into a familiar face, it was Damien. I guess the alcohol in me didn't bother talking to him like everything was okay.

"Can you get high from just breathing in marijuana smoke?"

"I'll guess we'll find out", he said as a chuckle escaped his mouth. The alcohol made me more sensitive too, so his response somehow bothered me, but when I tried to walk away I stumbled back and almost fell. Luckily Damien caught me.

"How much have you had to drink", he asked helping me to the nearest chair.

"More than last time", I replied.

"To drunk to talk?"

"No not at all." I could sense the seriousness in his voice.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what", I said trying to be clueless. I wanted to know if he knew what he did.

"For everything."

"Which is", I asked crossing my arms.

"For hooking up with you while I was with Angela, telling you I loved you and staying with Angela, and just being a jerk to you. I knew you felt something for me and at first I felt only a friend with benefits thing with you, but then I saw how happy you were with Collin and then I started to think, I could make you happier than he ever would. That's when I realized I was falling for you. Now I just want you to give me, us a chance." Even though the music was blasting I heard every word. At first I was shocked by everything and regretted asking for what. I wanted to accept his apology and say yes, but my conscious kept repeating Angela is pregnant and my heart kept saying I was just going to get hurt again.

"What about Angela?" I had to ask him.

"I talked, well more like argued with her about this. I told her I would be there for her and the baby, buy I don't want to be with her because... Well because you're the girl I want and always have, it just took me a while to realize it." I didn't know what to say. My mind was still trying to process everything.