Chapter 8: Moving On

Damien's P.O.V.

I woke up and Angela's shoulder waking her up.

"I should take you home now, I feel bad keeping you to myself", I said.

"Fine, let me just text Jade."

"Why?"

"So she can open the door for us, I forgot my keys." I smiled knowing I would see Jade again. Just hearing her name made me light up.

"So what time should we leave", I asked Angela as I put my clothes on.

"I don't think her and Collin went far, so in about 30 minutes." I tensed up; I had forgotten she was with Collin. Thirty minutes passed and Angela still wasn't ready and I was ready to leave.

"Angela, babe hurry", I said screaming hoping she would hear me from upstairs. She rushed down the stairs and walked out the door. "Finally", I said under my breath. We arrived at her house pretty fast, maybe it was because I had taken Angela home before or that she lived in my old house. Jade answered the door and I flashed her a smile as I walked in the door. For a while we just stood there, I couldn't help but overhear Jade and her friend talking.

"Well tomorrow you're going with me to buy my first of many cats, seeing that you have a boyfriend I'm just gonna be forever alone", Cynthia said. All Jade could do was laugh, but I wasn't laughing. I looked back at Jade, we made eye contact and she stopped laughing. A boyfriend, Jade had a boyfriend. Instead of my heart sinking it broke. I wanted to walk out then and there, but that would probably make Angela suspicious.

"Do my ears deceive me or does my black sheep of a sister have a boyfriend", Angela said teasing Jade. I nudged Angela telling her to stop, but she wanted the details and so did I.

"Yup, and he's a football player", Cynthia said smiling and looking at Jade.

"Who", Angela said walking towards them; I stayed in the same place.

"It's Collin", Cynthia exclaimed. I saw Jade nudging her as if signaling her to shut up.

"Tell me more", Angela responded.

"I prefer not to talk about it, plus I don't think Damien wants to hear about girly stuff", Jade snapped at Angela. I guess she saw it was hurting me to hear. I didn't want her to, so I said, "Go ahead I'm fine with you guys talking about Collin", and walked towards the couch and sat down. All three of them sat down at the kitchen table as Jade talked about her wonderful date with Collin. I heard everything and when she got to the part where she and Collin kissed I lost it. I grabbed my keys and stormed out. I needed to 'chat' with Collin so I raced to his house ignoring every stop sign. I got to his house and banged on the door as soon as it opened I stormed in.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Why are you with Jade", I asked him with anger in my voice.

"Why do you care", he asked closing the door.

"Because I care about her", I yelled.

"No you don't she was just a bet to you, remember or do I have to remind you."

"That doesn't matter anymore, I care about her now", I said grabbing Collin shirt and pushing him against the wall.

"I do too, and I'm gonna make sure she forgets all about you." That's where I lost it I threw him, but he didn't fall instead he lunged at me punching me right in the jaw. I punched him right below his eye almost immediately. Before it could escalate even more Collin's mom got home.

"What's going on here", she exclaimed.

"Nothing, I was just leaving", I said and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove away, that's when I started to feel the pain of Collin's punch. How was I going to explain this tomorrow?