Chapter 3: Done For The Day (Completely Rewritten)

Author's Note:

This Chapter was short but I did some rewriting and made it a bit longer. For those of you new readers it won't matter if your read the original or not. Happy Reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Bredahoft was going about her usual self, teaching the class or lecturing us, or whatever she was doing now. To be honest, I had no idea what she was doing today, I was too distracted to listen. I mean how could I; Damien was outside exercising and I had chosen the desk that sits oh so nicely next to the window. What a view! I have to admit I love body dynamics. Eventually my brain caught up to my hormone and realized what I was doing. I shook my head and welcomed myself back to reality. "Get over him Jade, he doesn't care about you, get over him", my mind repeated. But my eyes didn't care, they kept their lock on the eye candy and made my heart race.

"Ok everyone who is on the decorating committee for Homecoming sit with Jade", Ms. Bredahoft said as she snapped me back to reality once again, "she's in charge", she quickly added. 

 "Is that ok with you Jade?" 

"Yeah totally", I nodded happy to be in charge of something and even happier to see Cynthia in my group along with other friendly faces. We came up with a bunch of ideas and began cutting out posters to advertise from butcher paper. Since there were so many posters done, there was no room to keep them all in the storage room. I decided to stay after school for  bit and hang some up, luckily I wasn't alone, I had a couple of volunteers. Majority being football players. Apparently they needed a minimum of two hours of volunteer work to play at each game. Something about teaching them responsibility and compassion. That and Cynthia was one of hottest girls school could offer, normally I would object to using her beauty to get us what we need, but I wasn't going to say no this time. We needed the helpers to avoid staying too late. Today our helpers were Collin, Andrew and of course Damien.

"Ready", I looked at Cynthia who was holding absolutely nothing.

"Where are all the posters?"

"The guys have them", she said pointing at the group of guys practically drowning in butcher paper. I looked at Cynthia giving her a disappointed look.

"What, they offered. Plus my hands are full", she said twirling the tape on her finger. I rolled my eyes at her and went to take some posters from the struggling guys. It took us two hours but we managed to cover every hallway with at least one poster, sadly we still had some left over.

"I know, you girls get on our shoulders and tape them to the ceiling, that way no one will tear them down", Collin said.

"That sounds dangerous", I said fixing a falling poster.

"It also sounds fun", Collin added.

"Come one, Collin has a point plus he and Damien are actually pretty strong", Cynthia poked both of their chests, "Plus we have Andrew here to catch just in case we fall."

"Okay fine, but I better not get a broken leg", I said as I was hoisted onto Damien's shoulders. Cynthia soon followed as she was hoisted on top of Collin's shoulders. It took the guys a while to stand still. I swear we were about to embark on a out of water chicken fight. 

"Don't worry babe I got you", Damien said handing me a poster. Babe, what? Since when am I his babe? I shook it off and grabbed the poster and tried my best to make it stick to the ceiling. Damien moving back and forth wasn't helping either. I'm pretty sure he was doing it just for laughs, but I was not laughing. Every time he moved I kept imagining myself meeting the floor face first. I have never been more terrified in my whole entire life, but it was worth it. The posters did look nice up on the ceiling.

"Now was that so hard", Cynthia said as we finished sticking the last one up.

"No, but I would like to get down now." Thankfully, Andrew was there to lend a helping hand. Thought it really wasn't helpful, I ended up practically falling off, thankfully someone caught me, I think it was Collin.

"I think it's safe to say I've fallen for you", I said to Collin.

He sort of laughed and flashed me a smile, "I would be so lucky." He gently put me down his warm brown eyes keeping a lock on mine. Oh those eyes I could stare into them forever.

"Alright that's enough you two", Cynthia said taking me by the hand, "It's been fun but we have to get going."

"Yeah and we have football practice", Damien said nudging Collin. As we walked away I heard someone say "Not cool, bro. Lay off." But I couldn't figure out who. Cynthia and I went back to the classroom to clean up our mess which was probably going to keep us at school for another hour.

"What up with you and Collin? I thought you liked Damien", Cynthia asked as I washed the paint brushes.

"I don't know what came over me, honestly. I guess I was-"

"Trying to make Damien jealous", she completed my sentence.

"I don't know, I've never really flirted before."

"Well you could've fooled me, you're a natural. I'm so proud. Pretty soon you'll have both boys eating out of the palm of your finger. They'll be putty in your hands."

"You're scary", I splashed her with sink water, "I bless you, there clean soul." Cynthia scoffed then splashed me right back. Pretty soon we had a whole nother mess to clean up. By the time we were done we each wanted to sleep for days.

"See you tomorrow", Cynthia said as her mom pulled up.

"You know it, cutie", I said as I walked towards my car. I got in and closed my eyes, if I sleep now I may never wake up but I couldn't fight it. Thankfully my phone woke me up. I got a message from Ryder.

Damien: So why did you move seats in AP?

Me: It's an AP class and I can't afford distractions

Damien: So I'm a distraction, am I good or bad ;)

Me: A little bit of both, I gtg

Damien: Alright, Beautiful

Beautiful, first babe now this. What game is this guy playing? Well it's not gonna go down with me. Okay let's not over thinks this, just get home and sleep. Sleep, what a beautiful yet simple word, it was something I craved. I needed my bed and pillow, I was done for the day.