Chapter 1: A New Life

Author's Note:

This is my very first story so don't be so harsh. I'll try to upload new chapters whenever I can... I love to write so I'll probably post like everyday or at least on the weekends. I hope you guys like it.

_____________________________________

"Jade come one lets go, your stepmother is waiting", my father hollered from outside the house as he out the last of his boxes into the now fully packed van.

"Coming, Dad", I yelled as I grabbed my last box from my room. I took one last glance at my room. The posters of my favorite band all gone, my pictures packed away safely along with everything else. It was all so bare.  I was still coming to terms with the fact that my  dad had gone out and found himself a new wife, complete with a daughter over summer break. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for love at first sight, but it felt more like his new wife saw his money and fell in love. If life were truly on my side, it wouldn't be long before my dad realized this and he would leave them and we would resume our normal lives. As I loaded the last box into the moving van I said goodbye to my life and welcomed hell with open arms.

"You ready", my dad asked

"Ready as I'll ever be", I opened the car door and sat next to my new step sister.

"Hey, sissy-poo, ready to be best friends", she teased.

"I will fight you, just not in this car", I threatened.

"It wouldn't even be a fight", she quickly retorted.

"Girls calm, down or I'll make you two share rooms", my stepmother, Kate responded. Angela and I both scoffed at the threat. That would just be inhumane; Angela and I were complete opposites. She was your average blond, complete with  striking green eyes and enjoyed my least favorite pass time, cheerleading. "Captain, I'm captain", I could already here Angela correcting me. Not even in my mind could I escape this blonde demon. 

Sure we shared the same eye color but besides that, there wasn't much. Her delicate small hands never went un-manicured and were always smooth to the touch. Mine were are rough and callused thanks to years of softball followed by yeas of guitar lessons. Music had always been the one thing I could call mine. 

"You sound just like your mother when you sing, she'd be at every recital, every gig, front row, cheering her baby on, cheering you on." My father's kind words echoed on in my head. A smile formed across my face as I reminisced all the good time I had with, Belle, my old guitar. Of course now she's stuck in the back of that van because Angela's makeup needed to ride upfront with us.  

"We're here", Kate exclaimed as we pulled up to the giant overkill of a house she had convinced my dad into owning. I miss our two bedroom, one story, steel-wired fence, house already.

"Hey Jade will you help your father bring down the boxes, I can't and Angela has a pep rally and we don't want her getting hurt." I rolled my eyes but did what I was told as I held my need to punch both of them in the neck. Soon. 

"Fine but I'm not unpacking anything that belongs to you or her", I said as I began unloading.

"Come on champ, we'll have more fun bringing down the boxes just the two of us anyways", my dad said as he patted me on the head. If it's one thing I loved, it was the bond my dad and I shared. It had grown stronger after it became just the two of us, even now, with a new daughter, my dad still found time for just as two, no matter how ridiculous it sounded. 

"Oh, Jade one last things can you and your father take mine and Angela's boxes to our rooms, thanks", Kate said as she walked into the house, leaving us two do all the heavy lifting. It took us multiple trips but eventually we finished. My dad and I proudly shook on a job well done and we left to our perspective rooms to finish our own unpacking.