Chapter 23: Danger

"Dad may be okay with Jade staying here but I'm not", Angela scram. Even though I was outside I could hear every word as if she were right next to me.

"What's going on", Damien said getting out of the car.

"Angela's hear. I don't think she's happy with me staying."

"You're insane", I heard my brother scream. I had to go help him so I did, ignoring Damien's warning not to. I opened the door and saw Angela holding a knife. Alex was already bleeding from his hand. I'm guessing he tried taking it away from her and he got cut in the process. I ran over to him to see if he was ok.

"I'm fine, did someone call the cops?"

"Yeah, Damien did, I told him to wait outside for them." I ripped a piece of my shirt off and wrapped it around Alex's badly cut palm.

"Angela put that down and calm the fuck down". Damien said barging through the door.

"I told you stay outside", I told him.

"You didn't listen to me so I didn't listen to you", he shot me a smile.

"Cut the crap, when are you gonna leave this bitch and come back to me, oh and don't you ever tell a hormonal pregnant woman to calm down", she said focusing her attention to me. She stood between me and Damien even though I could take her, that knife gave her the upper hand.

"Angela I told you we're done, now put down the knife", Damien demanded.

"We can't be done I'm going to have your baby."

"No you're not, a very drunk Collin told us and the rest of school the truth", I spoke up.

"Liar", she yelled enraged.

"She's not, Angela I know, but its ok I still want to be with you. You're right, you always have been", I could tell Damien was lying because he gave me a look telling me to take the knife. While Angela was distracted by Damien I grabbed her from behind. Pretty soon we were involved on a struggle. I have no idea how she did it but she managed to turn and face me in the struggle.

"I'm ending this right now", I said grabbing hold of the knife.

"No, I am", Angela said with a devilish look in her eyes. I felt her grab hold of the knife with both her hands. Even though I had both hands her adrenaline made her stronger. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain where my scar was from my previous encounter with Angela's rage and jealousy. I could feel the blade twisting inside of me. I didn't let out a shriek or cry all I could do was gasp as the blade made its way through. The knife was inside of me for what felt like an eternity. When Angela pulled it put I looked up at her and I could see the fear in her face, like she had already regret her decision. All I could do was cover my wound, but that didn't help the blood kept coming out. I stood there shocked then fell to me knees still clenching my left side. I lied there huddled over in pain. I felt someone's hands grab me and turn me over.

"Jade, speak to me, come on say something", he demanded. I managed to open my eyes before the shut one again. I saw his face, "Damien", I managed to mutter out.

"Put your arms up", another voice demanded.

"We need an ambulance; we got a victim losing a lot of blood." I'm guessing the cops were finally here. The last thing I saw was a man in a blue uniform and then my world went dark.

"We're loosing her", was the last thing I heard.

Damien's P.O.V.

It all happened so fast; if I didn't tell Jade to take the knife she'd still be here. She always ends up getting hurt when I'm around. As Jade fell, her brother managed to distract Angela long enough until the cops came. I ran over to Jade, still in shock from what just happened.

"Jade, speak to me, come one say something", I demanded. Just one word, that's all I needed to make sure she was okay. After a couple moments of silence she managed to say something.

"Damien", she whispered in a weak soft voice. I was pushed away by a cop as a paramedic came to help.

As soon as I heard him say, "We're losing her", I lost it. I couldn't stand to see her move away, let alone loose her for good. It took two cops to hold me back as the loaded her on the ambulance.

------

Authors Note: Well, hey guys I know this is a short chapter, but I've been busy with my other story. Anyways I want to apologize for kinda giving up on this story, but I went back and edited some chapters and now I'm happy with how it's going and I feel inspired again to keep writing so hopefully the future chapters are good for you guys. I think I'll be keeping it and writing more chapters for this story