Chapter 2: Feelings Hurt

Author's Note: Hey Guys so here is Chapter 2, I couldn't stop writing.

__________________________________________________________

Learning from yesterday's mistake, I woke up an hour earlier than usual to avoid running late and was able to take my sweet time showering. I may or may have not used all the the hot water for the time being. I went back to my room and got dressed; as I finished I realized I had enough time to actually work on my bare face and hair. I grabbed my curling iron and did my make up while it heated up. My clumsy self burned my arms a couple times but the final result was actually really nice. The clouds outside showed some sign of a chilly morning so I put my favorite beanie on and headed downstairs where dad was making breakfast; well more like burning pancakes.

"Hey kido want some pancakes", he offered happily showing me a chard round cake.

"No thanks dad, I'll just have some cereal."

"Suit yourself, they're really good", he shrugged as he handed me a bowl.

"Then, why don't you eat them", I teased as I poured some cereal into the bowl.

"Because they're for you and Angela, but you prefer store-bought, processed grains and sugar", he said handing me the milk. I rolled my eyes and poured the milk. Simple, but me. I finished the last of my cereal just as Angela and Kate came downstairs. Kate said a quick goodbye and rushed out the door while Angela took a seat next to me.

"Why is she always in a hurry", I asked as she shut the door.

"Mom is the head executive of some big important company, I forget what it's called, but I do know that she gets paid well so I'm guessing they're gonna be needing her a lot", Angela answered.

"That's right and that's why we can afford to live here in this beautiful house", dad said, rising his hands and motioning to the overkill of a house we called home.

"So, if she gets paid well, how come we don't have our own cars yet", I teased taking my dish to the sink.

"Well you do actually", my dad said.

"I do", Angela and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Well, only Jade does because she is the only one with a license, but if I give you the car you have to take Angela to and from school. Got it?"

"Yes, yes I promise just give me the keys", I begged. I wanted the car so desperately, Angela was just part of the deal and I didn't care.Dad dropped the keys into my waiting hands. 

"It's in the garage", he said probably regretting it almost immediately, like most parents he didn't teens and cars mixed well. Angela and I bolted for the garage and there it was, my beautiful new car. So shiny, so new, so delicate. 

"I think I'm in love", I whispered, tears almost falling out.

"Okay guys, off to school and drive safely", my dad said snapping me back to reality. I kissed him on the cheek and got into the driver seat of my new car. Angela knocked in the window of the passenger side and motioned at me to unlock it. After a few seconds I caved and let her in; dad opened the garage door and we drove away.

"This sucks for you", Angela hummed.

"Why?"

"Because you're going to have to be giving me and Damien rides to and from his house", she teased.

"Why Damien?".

"Because we're going to be a couple silly, don't you remember our little talk? Seriously? I think there is something wrong with you."