Chapter 19: How Time Flies

"Have I told you that time flies by so fast, yet."

"Yes you have Jade, like ten times already."

"We'll it's true."

"I guess; how about this one?" Cynthia said holding up a purple dress with ruffles. It just brought me back to all the fugly dresses I was forced to put on.

"No, too girly, nothing pink, blue, green, and no purple", I told her.

"Come one Jade you can't rule out my favorite color."

"Yes I can I already made up my mind plus purple doesn't go with our theme: under the mistletoe."

"Are we really gonna hang mistletoes on every doorway of the MPR?"

"Yes, now stop complaining, we're here to buy dresses. The faster we get this done, the faster we'll be able to pick up the remaining decorations."

"I don't see why we always have to do this last minute."

"I don't either but it always ends up happening." It was true, I may be good at planning dances and other things, but I'm terrible at managing my own time. Ironic isn't it?

"Hello gorgeous!"

"Oh no you don't I saw it first!" I was lying, but the dress was amazing. Eww, I sound like Angela.

"No you didn't, plus I'm quicker." Next thing I knew Cynthia and I were in a struggle for the most perfect dress. I'm not really big on dresses, but when I see one I like, which is rare, I have to have it.

"Ladies please no need to fight we carry that dress in many colors." One of the sale reps said as he approached us.

"I call red", I blurted out.

"Ugh, fine, I guess I'll get it in black."

"Are we really those friends that have matching dresses now", Cynthia said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I'm afraid so darling", I said rubbing her head.

"I love it", she said looking up at me. I hated to admit it, but I did too even though I despised watching friends act like this, but now that I have one it all makes sense now.

"Glad we came into this store, this sales rep is cute," I said looking straight at him hoping that he didn't hear me.

"Yeah, to bad he's gay"; Cynthia said grabbing her bag and getting up to try on her dress.

"I'm not gay; my mom owns this shop and its gorgeous ladies like yourselves that keep me straight." My face immediately began to flush red; Cynthia had no shame in what she said so she just grabbed her dress and went into the only fitting room.

"So you think I'm cute", I didn't even realize he was standing right next to me.

"Can't lie since you already know," I said trying to hide my, now, tomato red face.

"May I ask what these dresses are for?"

"Well, you are in our leadership class so you should know. Tyler right?"

"Correct that's my name and I am. So are you and your date gonna match or..."

"I don't have a date" I said cutting him off. I could a smile sneaking up on his face. Think fast Jade before you lose him.

"But I could use one, you know these dances get pretty lonely when you're by yourself", well that was slick.

"So, can I take you?" Yes, finally a chance to forget about the guys and all the heart break.

"Mmmm maybe, if you convince me."

"We'll since I already know what color your dress is, we can match. Wouldn't want our outfits to totally clash." He said mimicking a girl's voice.

"Funny and cute, exactly what I look for in a guy. I'd love for you to be my date."

"Can we go now? Ugh I don't see why me and Damien had to come along," Angela said almost throwing a tantrum. I had totally forgotten he was there.

"We'll since your date is here you two can pick out his tux." I could hear the coldness in Damien's voice as soon as he said that. I didn't mean to hurt him but I was done feeling guilty for everything I did. It just caused me more pain than whoever I was supposedly hurting. It couldn't be worse than what he put my through. What both of them put me through.

"We should really get going your mom doesn't want you two out this late," Damien said grabbing my wrist.

"Can I at least try on my dress first?" I had a point so he let me go. Cynthia came out right on time."So what do you think?"

"You look amazing," I told her. Not wanting to get anymore death glares by a certain someone I rushed in the dressing room as fast as I could.

"If you're having trouble I could go in there and help if you want it is my job you know."

"Nice try, but you're my date not my boyfriend", I said from the other side. I came out of the dressing room and as soon as I saw myself in the mirror I began to doubt my decision.

"I'm really glad u came into work today. You look wow", Tyler said. I turned around; I didn't seem to notice at first that everyone was staring at me. At first I thought I really looked bad, but I took a second look at myself and then Cynthia walked over to me. We stood there just looking at each other.

"We look so hot", she said.

"You're right can't fight you on that." This gorgeous girl next to me is the only person I can really trust and have grown to love.

"Aww are you crying?"

"No", I scoffed whipping the tear away. I've become such a cry baby this year. We payed for our dresses I decided to stay behind while Angela and Cynthia went to look at shoes.

"Shouldn't you go with your friends to look at shoes", Tyler asked.

"I'm just gonna wear my black combat boots", I joked.

"Cool I could wear my flaming suit; we could be like in The Hunger Games, the book though not the movie. Your dress is long and she always wear boots perfect."

"Yeah instead of roses you could get me a bow and arrow."

"How about burnt bread", he joked. This guy is funny.

"You really know how to romance a girl."

"Uh, well I'll see you at the dance then", Tyler said as I was dragged out by Damien. Okay, now I'm really ticked off.

"What the hell Damien?"

"What are you doing, you don't even know this guy?"

"Good, then maybe I won't get hurt this time", I said crossing my arms. I know I hit a nerve because Damien began to clench his jaw. I noticed he always does that when he's mad or when I caught him looking at me and Collin. Maybe he's jealous, it was cute. Whoa back it up Jade; remember you're trying to forget.

"Jade over here, I picked out your shoes", Cynthia said sticking her head out the door.

"Coming, but they give me blisters you're dead." I didn't bother waiting for Damien to say anything else; it was the perfect excuse to stop talking. By 7pm we were done with everything and I was able to catch Tyler leaving. I gave him my number so we could talk more. I wasn't really serious about the whole Winter Formal thing, but he was and the more I talked to him the more I liked him, but more as a friend.

Someone's mad. The car ride home was really awkward, but extremely annoying. Angela kept talking about how perfect and gorgeous her dress is. I'm pretty sure I tore some of my hair out and now have a bald spot. I'll just have to style my hair differently. When we got home Damien didn't bother to get out of the car and say goodbye.