Chapter 25: The Silver Lining

A/N: Hello my beautiful readers. If you read the title, you can see this story is under major revisions. I'm also adding to it. I know it might not seem right since some of you already read the epilogue. I just hope you understand. Thanks :) Happy Reading

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're insane Nicole, completely insane", Alex said as we drove home. It was safe to safe Alex was not happy with my choice if anything he was infuriated by it. 

"Dad won't like this and neither will Rachel. Nicole, you were in the hospital for nearly two months. How can you not be pissed?" 

"Look if I press charges this will never end, she'll eventually be out and probably try to kill me again. Plus who wants to be pregnant and in prison. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone even her, doesn't matter how much I hate that girl." 

"I get where you're coming from, but the chick's crazy. Whose to say she won't do this again", Alex said as we pulled up to his place. Something tells me Angela didn't act alone and I would need to pay her a visit to confirm my suspicions. 

As I got out Alex threw me the keys which I surprisingly caught. "Open up while I grab your things." 

"Will do captain", I said saluting him. I made my way towards the door and began to unlock it, as I did I picked up faint whispers. Someone was inside, but who? Only one way to find out. I threw the door open. 

"Surprise", everyone shouted popping out of all sorts of places. I didn't give them the usual ecstatic response instead they were given a scared stiff one. Since my whole ordeal, surprises became one of my many phobias. I kind of just stood there as the keys fell out of my hand. 

"Nicole you okay", Cynthia said approaching me. I gasped for air and finally took control. 

"I'm fine, I'm just going to head upstairs and fix myself up." 

"Oh you don't look fine", Rachel said, I looked at her and she could see I totally wasn't, "On second thought let me help you upstairs." 

"Hey did I miss the surprise", Alex said running in, he looked over at me and his expression changed. 

"Okay everyone carry on, Nicole will be right back", Ms. Bredahoft said bringing the mood back up. 

"Yean, now let's celebrate", Cynthia said turning the music up. Thankfully everyone shook off my reaction and began to relax and dare I say party. 

"They must think I'm a loone", I said sitting down on my bed. Even with the doors closed I could still here the ruckus downstairs. 

"Oh sweetie no they don't", Rachel said grabbing my hand, "I told you now wasn't the time to throw a surprise party", she said to my dad. 

"She needs some type of social interaction, we can't have her fearing everything. How do you know all this anyways", dad said pacing back and forth. 

"Because I am a nurse and your wife meaning I know what's best", she teased. The only good thing that came out of my whole incident was dad leaving Kate and marrying Rachel. I mean sure it wasn't a big ceremony but how could they have one. I was still in the hospital at the time. Apparently they shared some sleepless nights by my hospital bed and connected. That and one of the doctors caught them in the supply closet, an image that will forever be burned into my cranium. 

"Okay that's enough, can I just have some time alone to adjust", I said ushering them out. 

"Fine but we'll be back to check up on you", Dad said taking Rachel by the hand and leading her out. I made sure to close the door, but not lock it. Never know when you might need to make a quick escape. I went back to lying down and staring up the ceiling. After a few minutes of complete silence I heard the window open. I got up to examine who was out there but found know one. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist.