Chapter 22: I can Forgive, but not Forget

"I love you Alex, but don't tell anyone that."

"That's now something I would advertise." i laughed at his little remark and then he hung up the phone. The car ride to Rachel's house was rather long. I found out she lived in an apartment, which was actually pretty nice and closer to my school. Walking distance even. Rachel helped me put my stuff inside, turns out she had a spare room ready for me to inhabit. I thanked her and she just have me a big squeeze. It left me pretty breathless but I didn't mind.

"Can I go for a run, I really need to clear my mind."

"Sure just be back before dark. Or if you run into Cynthia ask for a ride", she said handing me a jacket. Rachel seemed to know I would end up at Cynthia's and that's what happened. I quickly explained what was happening and tried to make a hasty retreat.

"No don't leave", she said grabbing my arm in a death grip.

"I'm going to loose all circulation in my arm if you don't let go of me." She gave me a look and let go. I promised her I'd be back later on. I jogged up to the old path that lead to the forest. No one ever used it and I really wanted to be alone. After forty minutes of running well more like walking and jogging I stopped and sat on an old fallen tree. I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy the serenity of the environment.

"Jade", I heard someone say. That familiar voice was the one I didn't want to talk to just yet.

"Couldn't stay away could you? I should've just made a bet that I could make you fall in love with me. Now that would prove I was irresistible", he joked. This didn't sound like Damien, well it was but his comments sounded like Justin.

"You hurt me and make comments like that, makes me want to leave right now and end it like this." I kept my back towards him not wanting let him see the tears.

"Why don't you", he asked sounding sounded more sincere this time.

"I don't want to leave with a regret."

"Oh and what regret might that be."

"Things between us ended badly and I don't want to regret not staying and talking things out.."

"I believe that, but what makes you think he would forgive you", he asked.

"I would not apologize because he used me, but even after all the heart break I still love him. I know it sucks because his attitude now makes it hard to even hear him out", I said getting up and walking back towards the open path.

"Jade don't."

"Don't what, leave and forget you. Good news I won't because all this time I have been trying to forget, but it has never worked. You know what pisses me off more is that I can get over Collin and he used me for a bet too, but I can't get over you and I don't know why." I managed to stop the tears from falling. My eyes were just watery and matched Damien's.

I didn't realize he had walked towards me until I felt his hands on wrap around my waist.

"I"m sorry, how many times do I have to say it. I want you Jade and I know it took me long to realize it and now that we're both sober and not drunk I'm going to tell you again. I love you Jade."

"I can forgive, but I can't forgive", the words finally escaped my mouth. I finally turned to face him, our noses practically touched.

"So am I forgiven", he finally asked. I smiled as I nodded my head. His face lit up and his smile mad me melt. A cold winter breeze interrupted our moment as it sent chills down my spine. Should've worn heavier clothes.

"Are you cold", he asked hugging me tighter

"Just a little."

"I should get you home, my car is at the very beginning of the path", he said grabbing my hand and leading the way. We got in his car and turned the heater on. Goosebumps raced up along my whole body as it was brought back to life.

"Keep driving", I told him as we passed my old house.

"But isn't that your place?"

"Not anymore, I'm staying at a friend's house while my brother gets his place ready."

"That's good less drama for you means I'll have a happier girlfriend", he said kissing my hand. Just hearing him say that word gave me butterflies. When we finally got to my house, but instead of being quite like it always was I heard a bunch of noise. I looked at the car next to my brother's, it was my, well now Angela's car. What was she doing here?