Chapter 4: Homecoming-A Special Night

Author's Note: OK guys, here's is the latest chapter. Hope You Like It

__________________________________________________________________

Homecoming was just around the corner which I meant I was stuck with Angela who would just squeal all day about it.

"I can't believe me and Damien have been dating for two months and at Homecoming we're going to be crowned King and Queen", Angela said on the way to school, "it's right around the corner I can almost touch it", she said holding her hand out reaching for something that wasn't there.

"Don't remind me", I said. Cynthia and I spent a lot of time at school, seeing we were both in the same committee and we spent a lot of our weekends driving to the mall and party stores picking up and buying decorations for Homecoming. The class had settled for A Night in Paris theme and everything had been coming along pretty great. Before I could even open my car door Cynthia was already knocking at the window frantically. Angela looked at her and rolled her eye then exited the car. Good I needed a break from her.

She was in full freak out mode. "We still haven't bought our dresses!"

"We'll go today after school... or we could go right now", I said. She looked surprised, like if I didn't look like the type to ditch school. She just flashed me a smile and got in the passenger seat.

"So where should we start", she asked me.

"To the mall", I proclaimed.

We arrived in 15 minutes, I parked the car and we headed inside. The mall was so lonely during school hours. That meant we had all the time in the world, no lines and no competition for dresses. Since I was there I went to Angela's favorite boutique to pick up her dress. She had pre-ordered it in a catalog. The boutique was pretty nice and so were its dresses so Cynthia and I decided to look through there in store selection in hopes on finding something. After trying on like 20 dresses each we've finally settled and bought our dresses. Mine was navy blue and Cynthia's was purple. We paid for our dresses and stopped at a Mongolian grill to eat. We were about to dig in, when I saw some familiar faces.

"Shit, school's out, we've been here for like eight hours, how is that possible", Cynthia said as she started to notice some familiar faces as well.

"Well, remember all the dresses we tried on, plus we walked around for like 2 hours, remember?" 

"Oh, yeah, well we should get going back to school, we still need to meet with our committees", she suggested.

I nodded and we headed back to the car. The meeting was over pretty quick and we all decided that we would need all school day to prepare the auditorium for Homecoming, so I would miss periods 5-8, thank God.

Homecoming day came pretty quick. I remembered to bring my dress, heels, make-up and everything else I would need. It was clear I wasn't going home at all until the dance was over. I brought Angela's dress because, being a cheer leader, she would be at the game until it was over. I put on the most comfortable shoes I could find, knowing I would be running around all day looking cute wasn't really an option. I went to the football field, where it was off limits for regular P.E. classes because the cheer leader and football players practicing.

As Cynthia and I made our way there I could feel all eyes on us, which was something I always dreaded.

"Let's go back, I'm sure they won't care. It's an unimportant announcement anyways", I said turning back around. Cynthia grabbed me and turned me back around pushing me towards the football field. 

"Oh no you don't. Ms. Bredahoft said you have to do it. If you don't I'll have to call it in", she said waving the walkie talkie in my face.

"You wouldn't."