Chapter Eleven-Climb the Challenge

After eating my breakfast, Liam stood up and clapped his hands together. "So, I've got some very exciting news! Since we are in Utah, we all know what that means?" He announced. We all looked at each other in confusion. "Nah." "Huh?" He sighed and clapped again. "Well, we're going on a lengthy and grueling hike in the Yellowstone national park!" He beamed. We all groaned and banged our heads on the table. "I hate walking." Niall muttered, running his fingers through his hair, stressfully. "Nope. You are all doing it." Liam demanded, picking Niall up from his seat and carried him over to the bathroom, bridal style.

        "Niam!" I beamed, laughing. Niall held his hands to his cheeks and gasped. "Niam." He repeated, closing the door. Louis began to cry. "Why don't you ever do that with me?" He whined. Harry sighed and hugged him. "Come on." He said, opening his arms. Louis squealed and jumped in. I laughed, holding my stomach. Seeing these bromances in person were even more funnier. Zayn took out his mirror and kissed in the air. 

          I pulled on a plum jogging bra, revealing my flat and slightly tanned stomach with matching stretchy shorts. I've climbed a few rocks in my life and this outfit was going to support me easily. Once I filled each boy a massive water bottle, I put on my Northface and pulled my long brown beach waves into a messy bun. Once everyone was out of the bus, Liam handed us maps and walkie talkies incase we got lost. "Everyone got their trainers (sneakers) on?" Liam asked, handing us sun block. I pointed to my feet proudly while applying a small amount of the lotion on my stomach. When I looked up, I noticed the boys gawking. "As if," I muttered, putting on my RayBanns. 

           As we were walking down a rocked trail, towards the hiking rock wall, Niall brushed his hand against mine every now and then. I smirked and grasped it, swinging back and forth. "You're so pretty." Niall blushed, looking at our hands. I chuckled and kicked a pebble. "And you're so handsome." I added back. He grinned and kissed my cheek. "Are you scared to climb?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, I did it all the time. Why?" I looked at him.

          Noticing the fear in his sunglassed eyes and expression, I could tell he was scared. "Oh, there is nothing to be a afraid of, trust me." I cooed, moving closer, squeezing his hand. He sighed and nodded. "Yeah, there's nothing to be afraid of." He mumbled. I stopped in our tracks and studied his face. "How about you climb first, and take your time and I'll climb either under or besides you?" I suggested, walking again. He nodded. "Beside me?" He begged. I smiled. "Of course, anything for you." 

            I lifted Niall up to the rock and watched his feet slowly find a rock. "You're doing good, babe!" I encouraged. He smiled and nodded. "I really am doing it!" I chuckled and began to climb next to him. "Thats it, left foot." I explained, stopping and making sure he was okay. He bit his tongue in concentration and struggled up two more rocks. I began to follow and climb a rock higher than him. He looked up then down. "No, Ni, that won't feel good in your head." I explained.

          He inhaled and exhaled and clutched the rock tighter. "Don't worry babe, we're almost to the top." I cooed, rubbing his back. "Hold the rock, so you do fall." He stunned with his eyes at the rock wall. I did what I was told so he would be less scared. "How 'bout I lift you up?" I questioned. Niall immediately shook his head. "You could get hurt." He protested, beginning to climb again. I was touched on how he didn't want me in harm, even if he was fearing the moment. 

          When we got to the top, he sniffed and wiped his eye. Heights were definitely not his best friend. "Oh come here." I cooed, wrapping my arms around his waist as he did with my shoulders. "I'm not crying." He whimpered. "No you aren't." I lied, trying to calm him down. "Jeez, Niall I'm sorry, man. I didn't know you feared heights." Liam confessed, looking down at the ground in shame. I stroked my boyfriends head and hummed. "Its fine." He sniffed, burying his head into my neck. "Thanks, love." He whispered, letting go and kissing me. 

            "Erm, guys. Take as many pictures as possible, because the park is closing soon and we need to climb back down." Liam announced. I looked over at my Niall, who's jaw dropped. "I-I can't. I'm sorry." He croaked, slouching down on a rock. All the lads looked at him. "Thanks Liam." I muttered, taking a seat next to him. "Niall?" I asked, rubbing his knee. He looked up at me. "Hm?" I looked down at the dirt. "If you climb down just this once, I'll snuggle you for an hour when we get back and let you hack my Twitter." I promised. He chuckled and nodded. "Really?" I nodded, looking at the sun set. He put his arm around me. "I'll climb down just to see you smile." 

             I slowly began to climb down the rocks with Niall above me. "See, hon. It's not so scary, coming down." I encouraged, slipping my hand into a small whole. He grinned and climbed further. "I guess you're right. Sorry for being a baby." He explained, slipping his sunglasses into his side pocket. I felt something smooth wrap around my hand, causing me to screech. "What is it!" Niall gasped, rushing down. I shook my head. "Just a snak-" It sprang at my bare stomach and bit deeply and sharply, causing me to wince and faint backwards into midair. 

          I screamed. Not from the pain, but from shock. Looking up, I saw the boys screaming and climbing down as fast as they could. All I could hear were Niall's cries. Everything flashed before my eyes. Moments later, I hit the hard warm ground. Pebbles penetrated my back and neck, causing a pool of blood to leak on and next to me. The lads and Paul circled around me, calling for the hospital. Niall bent down next to me and held the open wound with his bare hand and my head up. "You're going to be all right." He cooed, staying strong. I deeply exhaled and nodded. "Yeah...You're right." I breathed, closing my eyes. Everything went black and numb. No sound, no vision. Nothing.

__