two

i don't deserve this
darlin' you look perfect tonight
———————————

Millie just stood there, not knowing what to do with herself but to take another drink, so she did.

She took one of the shots that Sadie was lining up for herself and Noah, they were probably about to play a game. Millie took one and threw it back instantly and winced at the burning sensation that was happening at the back of her throat.

That didn't stop her from taking another one.

"Woah, Mills. Slow down." Sadie laughed, taking the second shot glass from her hand. "You okay?"

"I'm perfect." Millie replied, faking a smile that certainly didn't fool Sadie.

Sadie looked around the room and saw Finn's eyes still on Millie, but he soon looked back at Gaten, but couldn't stop looking back and forth from him and Millie.

"Dude." Gaten said, snapping his fingers in front of Finn's face.

"Huh?" Finn replied, looking back at Gaten.

"Just speak to her, man. You'll regret it if you don't."

Was he right? Finn thought. He was playing countless scenarios in his head.

"I don't think I can speak to her man, she fucking hates me. I said I still liked Iris when I was with her, it was bad."

"You don't like her now, do you?" Gaten asked, looking his best friend in the eye.

"No. No of course not. I mean, I don't think I ever did, I think I just liked the familiarity of her." Finn said, groaning while running his hands over his face.

Gaten smirked, looking between Millie and Finn. Millie was taking even more shots while Sadie scolded but laughed at her at the same time. Millie started to feel wavy and giggly. Holding onto Sadie, telling her how much she was her best friend.

"She seems pretty drunk. Maybe you should go help her?" Gaten suggested, nodding his head towards Millie. Now she was slowly drinking out of the red cup, watching mutual friends play beer pong, cheering them on along the way.

"Yeah i sup-" Finn went to say, but when he turned Gaten was off talking to some girl, making her giggle in the process.

Asshole, Finn thought.

Millie trudged towards the sitting room, dragging Sadie along with her to dance. Sadie herself was now drunk, laughing at whatever dumb remark that came out of Millie's mouth.

"So." Sadie slurred. "You gon' talk to Finn tonight."

Millie groaned, although she was still dancing. "Can I just dance with my best friend and not worry about Finn for once?"

"Too late." Sadie laughed under her breath, as she turned and started to dance with other girls from their year.

Millie was confused, that's until she heard a familiar voice coming from behind her.

"For once, huh?" Finn smirked, she turned to look up at him. He's probably gotten 2 inches taller since, but the same damn freckles scattered his nose and his hair was as big as she remembered it to be.