I Gotta Know

After Ray and Chris looked at each other. My mother looks at me. She give me a look as if to say I could kill you. Then she said," Well baby, I see you got a busy day planned. I'm just going to leave you this pie." I gave my mom a hug and looked at Chris and Ray over her shoulder. " Also Donnie I was going threw you grand dad's things and he and I are looking for somethings that seems to be missing." I looked confused as to hope she was not talking about what I knew she was. "Things like what mama?" "Well baby, just some pictures and a fantasy book your grand father wrote." I thought to my self grand dad never liked writing books. Specially not fantasy, he told me she even hated writing home when he was away from my mom and grandma. " Naw ma I have not seen them."  I walked my mom to the door. She stood there silent as she looked over the room. " Ok hun, guess it's just lost. You take care of your self you hear me. And call you mother some time!" "I will mama." As I close the door behind her Ray and Chris let out a big sigh and a laugh. "Well sleepyhead I am gone go before there is another knock at your door." I let Chris out then fall face forward into my couch. Ray sits next to me. "So that was mommy dearest." "Ugh Ray! If you only knew." "Well I came to talk to you about something." I rolled over and let out a big sigh. "What now?" "Well Deron called me and well he was asking weird questions." "Hold up when did he call you." " Honestly he been calling since we was at the party." "Ugh Fuck! What did he say?" "Well first about that night. When he called I could swear I saw him roll by in his car." I shot up and looked ray in her eyes. "Waite what! Fuck no tell me your lying." She shook her head no. At that moment I think back to the things Deron was saying when he was here. " I swear I saw you to night bro. You know I got your back bro no matter who I saw you with tonight. Can I use you bathroom....never mind." " Shit! Ray he was here last night drunk and shit." "Waite what and you had Chris here too! What was with you mom talking about to about some book and pics." I look at Ray know now I had to tell her everything or at least the everything I wanted her to know.