06.24 - Rivera Lukas

No matter much Blaze Jager was against his sister's relationship with Lukas Rivera, there was nothing he could do to stop it. Has much as he hate to admit it, Lukas Rivera was more than serious with Maxie - the man was out right obsess with her. Blaze never knew the cold, stoic man could fall for anyone and yet, seeing the him hovering over Maxie every single day was a revelation. It was like the man was afraid she would disappear or something.

                Meanwhile, Maxie continued to set forward her plan to be free from Jager Corp's CEO position. As soon as Blaze Jager turned twenty-one, Maxie made quick work to prepare for the upcoming CEO selection. Seeing how eager Maxie was with resigning, Blaze begin to hesitate. Four years ago he was foolish to think he was capable of handling the position. Only after he lived in San Francisco and started his own venture that he realize the difficulty in running a company. Now he wasn't sure if he had the capability to run a large corporation like Jager Corp.

"Maxie... maybe we should wait another six years before I_"

"What did you say my dear little brother?" Maxie's eyes were like knives ready to stab him if he said the wrong words.

"Maxie... I don't know if I'm ready for the position. I_"

"Of course you're not ready" Maxie smirked.

"So then why can't you help me for another 6 years? I swear by then I'll be ready to_"

"I won't be here after six years Blaze"

"What?" Blaze was confused.

"I might be in Milan, Kiyoto, or Cairo" Maxie grinned. "I'm going to be on permanent vacation"

"Maxie..." Blaze sighed wryly. "I seriously need your help"

"What are you afraid of Blaze?" Maxie cross her arms. "Failure? Have you forgotten what I said before?"

                I rather you try and fail than not try at all. Blaze remember those words clearly.

"You're really going to resign?"

"Yup"

                With a sigh, Blaze Jager knew Maxie would step down as CEO whether he is ready or not.

"You're out of your goddamn mind!"

                For the second time, Maxie faced the majority board members of Jager Corp. Just like when Maxie Luther was nominated to the CEO position, Blaze Jager faced the same angry, livid crowd. Insults and complaints flew back and forward, while Maxie sat nonchalantly beside the silent Blaze Jager.

"Ladies and gentlemen" Maxie was used to handling the bunch of old men and women - all with their conservative and traditional mind-set. "Must we do this the second time? You may have time to argue, but I have better things to do"

"You horrid girl! How dare you treat this company like_"

"What are you even doing here 4th grandmother" Maxie no longer cared to play nice - not that she played nice to begin with. "As I recalled, you already sold your measly 1% share"

                The woman was shocked that Maxie knew what she had done in secret. She had needed a large sum of money for a side investment. She had trusted one of her broker to temporarily sell her share in Jager Corp. in secret until she is able to buy it back. She had done it before and so didn't think that anyone would found it. Little did she knew, Maxie had an insider who bought the share as soon as the woman was foolish enough to sell it.

"Mr. Durbar" Maxie lifted her hand to receive the white folder. "Thank you for selling your share in such a cheap rate"

"You little bit_"