01.15 - Lin Heng

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual content.*

Following after the banquet event, the Lin Family who was usually very doting toward Meixiang became even more indulging toward the young woman. It was to be expected after Meixiang beautiful feat at the banquet, boosting her good image even more. Lin Heng, especially, hovered over Meixiang as if he was afraid someone might steal her from him. After the Empress Dowager express her intention to pair Meixiang up with the seventh prince, Lin Heng felt threatened for the first time. Zhao Meixiang had inhabited Lin Heng's heart for some time now and realizing he could lose her to another man, she suddenly became his everything. Meixiang, of course, continued to be the lotus flower she was and maintain her graceful and soft facade. Whether she's oblivious or not, Lin Heng's growing feeling for her as time pass. The couple interaction became sweeter.

The same could not be said for the leading couple. The leading lady, Liu Jiaying had purposely provoked Zhao Meixiang at the banquet. Zhuang Yi, the smart leading man, have taken notice. Although he doesn't completely understand why, he knew Liu Jiaying felt threatened by Zhao Meixiang. Why? Liu Jiaying was supposed to be perfect. Talented, cheerful, and kind, Liu Jiaying would be a prince's consort - a princess in the future. Did she feel threaten by Zhao Meixiang?Or was it that Zhao Meixiang was different from her? Liu Jiaying was bright, strong willed, and cheerful - opposite to the quiet, soft spoken, and meek Zhao Meixiang. But to the male lead, he preferred the bright and strong Liu Jiaying. So why would she feel threaten by a little Viscount's daughter? Feeling unsettled, Zhuang Yi finally confronted Liu Jiaying on her attitude toward Zhao Meixiang. When Liu Jiaying reacted angrily at his accusing confrontation, Zhuang Yi was stunned. While it hadn't been the first time the leading couple fought, it felt a very bitter aftertaste for the fourth prince. Liu Jiaying, unknowingly, caused a rip in her relationship toward her prince.The reason? Liu Jiaying, herself, did not know why.

Instead of trying to amend her relationship with the fourth prince, Liu Jiaying ran to Lin Heng. Lin Heng - after all, was the second male lead, the female lead's main confidant since childhood. Before, every time the lead couple fought, Lin Heng would be the mediator and help them make up. This time was no different. Liu Jiaying first thought when she run into trouble with the male lead was to run t the second. It was almost an uncontrollable habit of her. But what she did not expect was Lin Heng's coldness toward her. After listening to her complains, Lin Heng also confronted her on her attitude toward Meixiang. Like Zhuang Yi, Lin Heng knew Liu Jiaying had wanted too embarrassed Meixiang at the banquet. Although no one knew Zhao Meixiang's poor skills in Guzheng, Liu Jiaying did. Lin Heng never spoke much of his fiancé but there was a time when Liu Jiaying had asked Lin Heng if his fiancé liked the Guzheng - to which Lin Heng disclose Meixiang poor skills in it. Liu Jiaying knew this and purposely requested to have a duet with Meixiang. Why? To embarrass Meixiang?To make herself appear better than Meixiang? No matter what reason, Lin Heng would not accept it.

Seeing that her scheme was exposed, Liu Jiaying was stunned. She didn't know why she had tried to embarrass Meixiang. Lately, she felt wrong - like something was off. Lin Heng was supposed to be her best friend. She felt that Lin Heng's kindness was supposed to be only meant for her. Instead, he kept distancing himself toward her. Before where he would smile at her warmly, kindly, now she rarely sees it. Only when she mentioned his fiancé Zhao Meixiang, that Liu Jiaying saw that warm, kind smile on Lin Heng's face. It upset her more than she realize. It bothered her more than she could acknowledge. When Lin Heng turned his back to her, coldly telling her to leave, her heart and body reacted before her mind could. She threw herself at him, hugging him from behind.Lin Heng had been stunned when Liu Jiaying suddenly hugged him. When he pried her arms off and turned to asked her what she was doing, his heart nearly stopped at the sight of Meixiang. His heart nearly broke at the sight of those jewels like eyes, looking at him with such sadness and disappointment. There were no tears, no words, as Meixiang turned and ran off.