08.13 - Nox Maxwell

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual content.*

                The Mare tribe territory lies underneath the endless sea. The cobalt path beneath the sea was extensive. As the Mare prince and his followers continued down the path, the sea walls would collapse behind them - sealing off the path from intruders. Soon, they reached an enormous cave entrance that was protected by magic. Maxwell Nox placed his hand over the magic shield, unlocking the entrance. Upon entry, Mavi was amazed. It was like world within another world. Open and expansive land, the flowing river, the beautiful stone dwellings intertwine with large oak-like trees, and the blue water sky filled with beautiful colored fishes. Their sky was naturally the undersize of the sea. Mavi quietly took in the new world as Maxwell Nox continued to hold her while moving the horse forward toward the grand palace sitting above a hill.

"This mating bond cannot happen!"

                It did not surprise Mavi the least to hear the Mare prince's family disapproval as soon as the man brought her to Mare Royal Palace. The frown on the leader's handsome face - the shock in the leader's wife elegant face - and the glare in the leader's daughter's gorgeous face. It was all very telling how they felt about Mavi's bond to Maxwell Nox.

"Our bond have long been completed." Maxwell Nox said with his usual calm tone.

                While his family continued to argue against the mating, Maxwell Nox had not let go of Mavi's hand - their fingers interlock firmly.

"Brother, what about Aisling?" Maxwell Nox's younger sister asked angrily with her arms folded across her chest.

"What about her?" Maxwell Nox quiet expression remained unmoved as he returned the question.

"She waited her entire life to bond with you!" The gorgeous woman was Mavi's age but compare to Mavi's petite and soft appearance, the Mare princess was tall and voluptuous - like every other Mare female. "Don't act stupid brother, you know everyone had wanted you two_"

"No one asked her to wait." Maxwell Nox cut in calmly, but his eyes darkened with impatience. "What everyone wants... what does it matter to this prince?"

"Brother!"

"Maxwell." The leader's wife - Maxwell Nox's mother, sighed with disappointment. "How could you mate with an outsider? This is impossible. You can't do this."

"It's already done." Maxwell Nox looked at his mother. "Mavi is my mate."

"No!" The Mave leader stood from his seat, clearly aspirated with anger. "You are the Mare's only prince. Your responsibility, have you forgotten? For an inferior female from an inferior race, you_"

"Excuse me."

                Mavi was silent from the beginning out of respect for the Mare prince. After all, it's not her family. But the soul within Mavi was not the type to let anyone insult her freely.

"Please keep me out of your family discussion." Mavi said casually while trying to pull her hand out of the Mare prince's sudden tight grip. "Also, let the record shows that it's your prince who beg me for the mating bond. Ask any of your Mare representative. They were there when your prince did the begging."

                Because Mavi's emotionless expression and her casual tone, the Mare's royal family became speechless. Honestly, at first sight, anyone would think the petite and delicate looking Mavi was a meek and timid woman. Yes she was beautiful - but her appearance gave people the fragile feeling. Ironically, the young woman's personality was far from delicate or fragile. Her sweet voice was completely destroyed by her snarky words.

"If you were supposed to mate with someone else." Mavi pinched the back of the man's hand since he was refusing to let her go. "Why bother me?"

                Even though her face showed no emotion, Maxwell Nox could see the irritation in her bright eyes. Helplessly, he wrapped a hand around her head and set it against his chest. The loving action stunned the royal family. The indifferent prince actually showed affection to someone.

"Mavi is tired." Maxwell Nox no longer care to deal with his family as he lifted Mavi up into his arms. "Let us speak another day."

                The Mare prince walked off carrying Mavi away, leaving his family dumbfound.

"Angry?"

                Maxwell Nox took Mavi back to his private living quarters at the farthest end of the palace grounds. There, dozens of the prince's private warriors stood guard. Maxwell Nox ordered for no disturbance before he took Mavi inside. Once he reached his sleeping quarters, he set Mavi down on the bed. Mavi smirked inside seeing the bed clearly made with magic and water.

"Do not be concern..." Maxwell Nox held him above Mavi while he touched her soft cheek. "In time, they will accept our bond."

"And if they don't?" Mavi challenged.

"They will." Maxwell Nox smiled gently as he spoke confidently.

"If they don't." Mavi said firmly while moving her cheek away from his tender touch.

"Then they don't." Maxwell Nox gentle smiles remained unchanged while he continued to touch her cheek.

"If they force you to take another mate?" Mavi's eyes stared up into his with such intensity that she unknowingly stirred his heart and soul.

"Understand Mavi, our bond cannot be broken." Maxwell Nox placed his forehead on her forehead - his eyes looking into hers.

                The problem was - Mavi did not understand. She didn't know that in the current world she's in, a "mating" is both a physical and spiritual bond. The only way to break such bond is death.

"Mavi..." Maxwell Nox lifted his head to touch her cheek once more. "Trust me... I will not betray you. No one can force this prince."

                Mavi leaned her cheek against the warmth of his palm, causing the man to smile widely.

"I won't share." Mavi said firmly with stern eyes.

                Maxwell Nox chuckled softly while his thumb stroke the pink dot under her eye. Even though Maxwell Nox did not know Mavi for long, but he sensed many things about the young woman. Her fierce temper, her mischievousness, her coldness, her aloofness, and her cunningness - he could tell it all by the look in her eyes. Most importantly, Maxwell Nox knew where Mavi's bottom line was.

"This prince doesn't like to share either."

                Hearing the man's straightforward response, Mavi's eyes softened. Maxwell Nox took notice and lowered his head to press his lips onto her soft lips. Mavi parted her lips for his tongue while wrapping her hands around his neck and head. It didn't take long before the room to filled with soft, sweet moans. The two bodies naturally falls into the familiar rhythmic dance.