06.25 - Rivera Lukas

Once Maxie resigned her position as CEO, the woman did not look back. Despite Blaze's plead for her to stay and help him for a while, Maxie made her quick escape. Of course, the second male lead was beside her as she made her flee the country. But before Lukas Rivera let her run off, he practically forced her to marry him. After all, she lost the so call "wager" to him and still "owed" him for the 10% of Cain Jager's share. Apparently, the only way for her to resolve her debt was to be his legal wife. Since it was a fair trade, Maxie did what the younger man wanted - marry him - or rather, eloped with him. There was no fancy wedding or ceremony. Only Blaze and Sophie was present as witnesses when Maxie Luther and Lukas Rivera signed the papers in city hall.

Soon afterward, Maxie left the country with Lukas Rivera - traveling all over and doing whatever they wanted without a care in the world. The two were practically in their honeymoon phase for the entire five years they were together. They would have continued to travel on if Maxie hadn't unexpectedly gotten pregnant. Even though the two had sex frequently, it was always protected. While the pregnancy was consider an unforeseen occurrence, Maxie was surprisingly calm - especially seeing how happy her husband was at the idea that she was carrying his child. Despite the soul within Maxie never gave birth to a child, she naively figured it'll be fine. She was a woman. Childbirth for a woman should be normal, right?

Wrong! 42 weeks later, Maxie knew what true pain was. For a split moment, she hated the second male lead and the entire world for the pain she was feeling. Screaming and shouting until her voice went hoarse, Maxie nearly fainted. The only thing that kept her conscious was the sound of the baby crying - her baby. For the first time, the soul within Maxie stirred with an unknown feeling at the sight of the beautiful baby girl crying in the arms of her handsome father. Looking at the tall handsome man smiling gently at the baby in his arms, Maxie felt a deep ache inside her heart. She knew her time was coming to an end. When her eyes met the second male lead's dark gaze, she could see he understood her time was limited.

Days after, Lukas Rivera took Maxie's weakening body home. There was nothing the doctor could do any further. The lollipop had been her medicine in disguise in order to suppress the poison she was born with. After nearly 11 years of eating the medicine, the poison became immune to it. On top of that, the pregnancy and birth had wore out Maxie's body. The only thing left was for her to rest and live the rest of her days in peace without disturbance. And that was what Lukas Rivera ensured.

"Lukas..."

Lying in their bed, Lukas Rivera was holding Maxie close to him while their sleeping baby was lying in front of Maxie. While the baby slept, she held onto Maxie's index finger tightly.

"She's so cute" Maxie giggled softly. "Isn't she Lukas?"

"Umm" Lukas Rivera held Maxie tighter as he buried his lips against the back of her head.

"Lukas... make sure you find our baby a good mother"

"Don't be stupid... you're her mother"

Maxie silently touched her baby's face before she gently removed her index finger from the little baby's grip. Then, Maxie turned and wrapped her arms around Lukas Rivera, giving him her usual dimples smiles.

"It's ok if you find someone else to love"

"I only love you..."

"Silly man" Maxie kissed his lips before she buried her face against his neck. "You don't have to be alone"

"I have you and our baby..."

After a long moment of silent, Maxie tightened her hold on his back.

"I'm sorry..."

Eyes closed, the soul drifted away, leaving behind the cold body.

"Maxie..." In silent tears, Lukas Rivera's voice trembled as he held onto Maxie's body.

In Lukas Rivera's memory, the young woman's cold, alluring laughter spread throughout the large dojo. Maxie Luther stood while retying her hair back into a neat ponytail – revealing the strawberry mark that covered her face. From the right side of her forehead down to her cheek, the pink birthmark was completely exposed for everyone to see. Standing a ready stance, the woman was ready to fight.