05.9 - Earl Richard

Mimi was not given the chance to go against RE Label. Her ties to RE Label is deeper that she realized. Previously in the story, Alice Smith had gone through trouble to get Mimi through the back doors of RE Label. Now, Alice Smith's acquaintances from RE Label are bending over backward, begging the old woman to help them convince Mimi to work for the company. Richard Earl had went as far as telling his people that whoever gets Mimi Ahn to work for his company will be promoted with a nice bonus package. The reward caused many people from RE Label to hound Mimi. Mimi hadn't cared until Alice Smith was involved. The kind old woman had helped Mimi Ahn during her toughest years - therefore, the soul within Mimi could not deny the woman's request. As underhanded as Richard Earl was to get her to work for his company, Mimi could not ignore Alice Smith's request.

"Mimi, won't you reconsider?" Alice Smith spoke her concern. "RE Label is a good place for you to fulfill your dreams"

The current Mimi did not have the heart to tell the old woman that her dream was no longer the same. Instead, Mimi told her agent that she would agree to work for RE Label for one for collaborative work. As long as she did not have to work with Jayden Kay, Mimi was fine with working with any other artist. The decision had not only surprised the story's male lead but the second male lead as well. Jayden Kay didn't think the DJ would outright refuse to work with him, while Richard Earl was amused by the woman's outright rejection to work with the record label's hottest singer. But abide to her decision, RE Label arranged for a new and upcoming female artist to work with Mimi.

Two weeks later, the collaborative work between Mimi and new female artist sky rocketed. The new female artist became an overnight sensation with her song - written and produced by Mimi, become her trademark song. There wasn't anyone in the world who didn't know the female artist's name. And there wasn't any artists in the industry who didn't know Mimi's name. The popularity of the song was like fire, spreading uncontrollably. Mimi unknowingly became the target to many famous and popular artists - all hoping to work with her.

But Mimi's goal had never been fame. Yes, she thought to make a name for herself, but that was only to get close to the target of the game. Now that she did not care for target and wanted to find a replacement, it's crucial that she was not well-known to the world. By being famous in the entertainment world, it'll be difficult to find someone truly sincere to her. So to controlled the fame before it explode, Mimi kept hidden in the small apartment above Alice Smith's instrument store. While her agent was confused as to why Mimi suddenly decided to withdraw from her growing popularity, there was nothing she could do but wait until the young woman decide to step out again.

Unfortunately for Mimi, the more she withdraw herself to the public eye, the more the media pushes her name forward. When she want to pull away from RE Label, the more the company clung onto her. Used to women who would do anything for fame and fortune, Richard Earl was fascinated when he learned Mimi refusal to work for his company. Despite her booming status, the young woman refused to step out into the limelight. When he had his people try to establish a permanent working relationship with the talented DJ, the woman rejected without hesitation. No matter how much his people offered her or what was offered to her, Mimi had her agent decline it all. It got to the point where Richard Earl, himself, decided to deal with the stubborn woman himself.

Sitting by the window sill of her bedroom, Mimi was gazing out in the night sky when the limousine pulled up to the front of the instrument store. After weeks of rejecting RE Label's offer, Mimi was not surprised when the Owner himself showed up in front of her doors. Amused and impressed that the man himself was wanting to meet up with her, Mimi watched as Richard Earl stepped out of the car - ignoring all the eyes on him. In the middle of the 3rd ward neighborhood, the handsome man was dressed like he was going to a business meeting. After the limousine drove away, Mimi watched as Richard Earl stepped inside the store.