02.4 -Endou Kai

The divorce settlement came down to Mia Clark Walters' favor. 30 million with full custody rights. Mark Walters only condition was that Mia cannot come to him in the future for anything else. Life or death, Mia cannot bother him, even if it's concerning Noah. In private with her lawyer, Mia laughed as she signed the papers. Mia knew Mark Walters would give her the money and sign over his rights to Noah eventually. In that moment, Mark Walters was already in love with Olivia Mills and have plans to marry the young woman as his wife. There was no use in keep Mia Clark. As for Noah, as unfortunate as Mark Walters may feel about letting go of his son, he would only feel it as temporary loss. He was sure that after Mia spent all the money, she will come after him again. By then, Mark Walters believes his son would see the true nature of his mother and will be begging to be with his father instead. When that time comes, he'll have reasons to get back his son. Next time, things won't go the way Mia Clark plan.

If it was the original Mia, the woman would indeed spend all the money and most likely sell her son back to his father for more. But Mark Walters did not account for the soul currently residing within Mia. Mia Clark has changed - no longer prioritizing her husband or money.

As soon as Mia signed the divorce papers, she took the check and made 3 deposits. One portion went to her personal account, the second portion went toward her son's trust fund, and the third went toward her own business - a chain of coffee shop chain which she called COFE. The soul which resided in Mia took advantage that the current world she had transmigrated to did not have any coffee shop chain similar to her own world. The simple idea revolutionized how coffee was made and served to-go to the common people. Mia cheated the system and brought the idea to the current world to expand her income. After all, the soul within Mia was the type to seize the opportunity even if it's cheating. Also, Mia and the soul inside her was lazy by nature so did not care to work or find alternative means to make money. As ridiculous as it was, Mia wanted to raise her son in the best environment while keeping her lavish lifestyle without actually working. If there was no steady income, the 30 million will go down the drains quickly like water.As lazy as Mia may be, she was well aware so planned an alternative route for herself and her son.

As for Noah who never truly interacted with his mother until recently, grew to love and respect his mother each day that passes. After his parents' divorce settled, his mother took him out of boarding school and took him to a new home - a lovely mansion just outside the city.Unlike before where his mother rarely spoke or look at him, his mother now always tease, laugh, or play with him. For any child, he or she always craves a mother's love. Noah had not received any affection until he was six years old and so grabbed hold to it desperately. His mother was not aware, the more attention and care she gave him, and the happier he was. And as time continued to pass without ever meeting his father, Noah grew closer to his mother. His father who never attempt to reach out to him after the divorcing his mother, Noah naturally grew dissatisfied toward his father. Especially seeing how wonderful his mother was, Noah didn't understand why his father would stop loving her.

So when Noah learned his father remarried another woman - and the wedding was broadcast on national television, what does a young child do?

Noah angrily tossed the remote control at the flat screen, damaging it completely. Mark Walters and Mia Clark barely divorced for a year when the man remarried. For a child to see this, he would only resent the father.

"Noah!"

The seven year old boy flinched when his mother smack him behind the head.

"Do you know how much that flat screen cost?"

The boy was speechless. Was his mother not angry that his father, her ex-husband had remarried some other woman?

"M_ mommy I_"

"Don't mommy me" Mia cross her arms as she scolded the boy. "I don't care how angry you are, but to lash out so violently. I don't like it one bit"

"M_ mommy" Noah quickly hugged his mother's slim waist and pressed his face against her stomach, clearly afraid that his mother will hate him. "Father, he's marrying someone else"

Noah wanted to explain why he had reacted so angrily. He was upset for his mother and wanted her to know that.

"So what?"

Noah was, against, speechless.

"Noah" Mia sighed softly and patted the top of his head as the boy hugged her tighter. "Your father has rights to marry someone else. Do not forget that your father and I have separated"

"B_ But why?" Noah still didn't understand the reason to why his parents would divorce.

"Noah..."

"Why would father not want you mommy? Was it because that woman_"

"Noah" Mia stopped Noah gently. "Your father and I do not love each other"

"Why!" Noah lifted his head to stare up into his mother's eyes. "Why? Why can't you two love each other?"

In the end, Noah Walters was just a small child who craves a complete wholesome family.

"Do you know what love is Noah?"

After a moment of silence, his mother questions startled him. No one had ever asked him such a question. No one had ever taught him the meanings of that word.

"My baby" Mia laughed softly, finding the small boy's lost expression very cute. "Do you know what love is?"

Noah shook his head.

"Mommy loves Noah" Mia patted his head with a smile. "Do you understand that?"

Surprised, Noah process the word. Feeling shy, the little boy blushed and buried his face into his mother's stomach again.

"Well, does Noah understand?" Mia teased.

Noah nodded shyly.

"Then, does Noah love mommy?"

Noah, again, nodded.

"Your father does not love mommy. Do you understand now?" Mia voice was gentle and soft.

After a moment, Noah looked up at his mother.

"Does mommy love father?" Noah asked faintly.

"I'm sorry" Mia shook her head no. "Things like love, cannot be forced Noah"

Noah continued to look up at his mother, seeing the quiet, peacefulness he never seen in anyone else before.

"Noah, are you happy? Happy to know that mommy loves you"

Again, his mother's question surprised him. But he nodded. Of course he was happy to know his mother loved him. Which child would not be happy at having his mother's love?

"Your father is happy because he found someone he loves"

"But what about mommy?"

"Me?" Mia laughed softly. "One day, mommy will find someone she loves too"

"If mommy finds someone else to love, what will happen to Noah?" Noah expression darkened.

"Silly boy" Mia laughed more while she taps the top of the little boy's head. "My love for you is special. Don't forget that"

Hearing his mother's words and seeing her beautiful smiles, Noah's heart was filled with happiness. He no longer cared about anything - not even his father.