09.1 - Cyde

"Rise!"

The call was like a divine commandment - forcing my eyes to open. The cold metal sensation against my face let me know I was wearing a mask. But what bothered me wasn't the mask, but the picturesque view of white fluffy clouds floating in the background like a mystical painting of ancient times. Dozens of gold and silver pavilions assembled magically against the clouds. Every pavilions float around an expansive mirror lake that reflects the infinite galaxies and universe. But the most captivating sight was not the gold and silver pavilions or the reflection of the universe - it was the children quietly rising to the their feet after kneeling on the surface of an enormous lotus flower.

"Bob, I thought you understood that I don't like fantasy genre."

Instead of responding to my complaints, the crazy-voice-in-my-head chuckled before a flash of information entered my soul.

As expected, I have transmigrated into another supernatural story where multiple worlds exist. The story focused on one particular world call "Kien" where celestial beings call "Qui" reside. Qui are powerful beings who not only can control the four elements: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, they can take form of mystical creatures like dragon, phoenix, manticore, qilin, nine-tail fox, and so on. Their existences are believed to be great and honorable blessing in all the known worlds.

"I would like to exit the game, Bob."

"My dear, there is no such option. Besides, you may enjoy yourself if you know the rest of the storyline."

Mentally rolling my eyes, I continued to focus on the information. The central characters in the story are standing among the children within the lotus flower. Every thousand year, twenty-one souls from every world are blessed by Fate. To be exact - the moment he or she is in the mother's womb, they were already chosen. Shortly after birth, the infants would be taken from their world to Kien, where they will train for a decade before they are brought to the "Heavenly Sky" for selection. During selection, the celestial beings would pick who they would allow in their territory. If chosen, the child will become known as a disciple of a Qui and continue their trials for hundreds and thousands of years before becoming a full-fledge celestial being. Those who are not chosen, naturally, will be taken back to their world to live the rest of their mortal lives.

The main characters, obviously, are among the hundred children standing within the lotus flowers. My eyes scanned the group of children before one particular girl stood out. The female lead of the story is currently only 10 years old, but her aura was glowing brightly like the stars. Long silver hair and blue eyes deeper than oceans, Alexis was the personification of beauty and grace. But with such beauty at such a young age, it could be more of a curse than a blessing - especially when the girl is weak and unable to stand against a powerful Qui. Still, as the female lead of the story, she naturally has protectors at her side. Her protectors? The two beautiful boys standing protectively at her side - the story's male lead and second male lead, Nilo and Cyde.

It is extremely rare for a family to have one child chosen by Fate. For Nilo and Cyde - they are the first identical twin to be chosen by Fate. Needless to say, in the future, Nilo and Cyde will become the most powerful celestial beings in Kien. Their motivation? Even without the information pouring into my soul, I could see the boys' motivation to become stronger in order to protect their princess Alexis. The three children had been from the same world and was trained together since birth. It was not surprising that they would grow fond and protective of each other.

"Jealous?"

Instead of responding to Bob's provoking word, I smiled.

"W_ why are you smiling like that?"

"I will enjoy this Bob." I said to the crazy-voice-in-my-head while leaning to the side of the large chaise chair. "Thank you for the interesting role you've given me."

"..."

My interesting role? I am Myka - one of the most fear and respected elders of the Qui with the form of a black nine-tails fox. With jet black hair and eyes, my appearance is the complete opposite of the story's female lead. Moreover the pitch black mask covering my face made my appearance darker and gloomier. But don't assume Myka as the villain of the story. In Kien, there is no such thing as evil - only survival of the fittest. If one is weak, they wouldn't be a Qui to begin with. For Myka, as one of the most powerful beings in Kien, it's naturally for her to believe in strength of the mind and body.

"Interesting indeed..." I said to the crazy-voice-in-my-head while keeping my eyes on the main characters of the story.

"..."

"Wish me luck Bob."

"I don't think you need it..."

Maintaining a calm, cool front - I smirked as the stupid Bob disappeared from my mind. Well, nothing matters at this point. I might as well get into character.