Ladybug

Hey guys!!

I have to write like a bunch of chapters to day for the next two days and today and also my English paper.

I'm dying :D

I'm updating Painted Smile this sunday btw so get excited my dudes.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"But...why?" James asked.

"I feel like I'm barging in on your life and Kenzie really wants me to stay with her and I just agreed." I said, guilt coursing through my veins.

"Ma coccinelles you're leaving me?" he asked. My cheeks and ears turned a fiery red at his words. I thought back to the time I asked what that word had meant.

"Why do you call me that? What does it mean?" I asked as the girls streamed out of the room, giggling at my ignorance.

"What?"

"Ma coccinelles. What does that mean??" I repeated.

"Oh, it means 'my ladybug'." he said, putting his shoes in his bag. "I just call you that because whenever I talk to you your face turns a beautiful shade of pink." he said. I felt my face warm and I cursed silently. "They also represent luck, and in my opinion are cute little creatures." he said. My face was now redder and I was thoroughly embarrassed.

"Thanks."

"My pleasure ma cocinelles."

I stared back at him, my mind running a million miles a minute.

"I'm sorry, it's just I feel this is better." I replied. He took my hands and I shuffled back a little, weary of what he'd do. He brought my hands up to his lips, pressing a soft and slow kiss on my knuckles. My face reached a new level of embarrassed and I felt prickles all up my arms.

"I understand. I'll see you tomorrow ma cocinelles." he leaned in, brushing the loose hair back and kissing me. He pulled back smiling before walking away. I stood there in the middle of the hallway, my hands still up where they were, my jaw dropped. My arms slowly lowered as I began to comprehend what just happened. I close my mouth and suck down to the floor, resting my head back on the cool cinder brick. I let out a heavy breath I had no knowledge of holding.

"Yo, you ready to--" Kenzie glanced at me on the floor, her smirk dropping. "What's with you??" incoherent jabber came out of my mouth, unable to form words I was so shocked. "(y/n)?"

"He kissed me? Is that a French thing?" I asked, flustered as all hell.

"What? No." he said, approaching me and sitting with me against the wall. "Repeat. He did what now?"

"He frickin' kissed me. Called me his ladybug, kissed, and left. What the hell does that mean??" I said. Her eyes squinted and I could've sworn she growled.

"I'd stay away from him you know. I don't trust him too much." she said. I cocked my head to the side.

"What? Is that why I'm moving in with you??" I asked.

"Partly, but I still want you here. Besides, he seems sketchy." she said.

"He seems perfectly nice." I argued.

"Trust me, don't fall for it." she said.

"You know if you want him you can just tell me. I don't care." I replied. She let out a sigh of exasperation.

"No, I don't. I just don't like the looks of him." she said. "Just...be careful."

"I can do that. It's just...what the hell do I do now?"

"Come back to your new place and we'll watch movies." she suggested.

"You have no idea how great that sounds."

"I know."

Dan's POV

"Hey Phil?" I called out. "When is PJ coming over??" 

"In like 10!" he shouted back from his room. A knock sounded and I sighed. "Or now!" I padded over to the door and let PJ in.

"Hey Dan!" he said, smiling and hugging me. "(y/n)'s not here? She usually is." PJ said.

"Oh. No. She's in France for the next 2 months." I said. He looked at me wide eyed. "Some dance thing." I added.

"Wow, must be nice." he replied. I felt my chest compress, like there was a weight pressing on top of me. I only hummed sadly in response. "How is she? How are you 2?" he asked again. It was then when I realized how secluded we were recently. None of our friends knew about anything.

"Well, as you know she was in a coma and after there was a separation, which was my fault totally and...we left for tour and came back and there were issues and after that she flew off to Paris for 3 months." I said.

"So you're not dating anymore?" he asked. I shook my head sadly. "Aww I'm sorry man." he said, placing a hand on my back 

"It was my fault anyway." I mumbled, sitting down on the couch. Phil came into the room, took one look at the scene and immediately began fixing it.

"PJ! So great to see you!" he said, distracting from the issue at hand. My phone began to buzz violently, taking their attention back to me. It was Kenzie. I answered the facetime and she stared back at me.

"I just still can't believe you stole their numbers from my phone you could've asked." (y/n) started. Her eyes widened, and I realized I was supposed to be silent. PJ and Phil drifted over to listen with me.

"What? You were busy with ladybug man." 

"Hey he calls me that. I can't help that."

"Just tell him to fu--"

"Oh shut up."

"Rude. But do tell now that we're comfortable." Kenzie said.

"I told you already."

"Detail. I need to size it up." I listened carefully, soft music playing in the background. One of (y/n)'s favorites and that combined with her voice made me feel sick. PJ eyes me suspiciously, but I signaled I'd explain in a moment.

"I will never understand you."

"SPILL."

"OKAY. Jeez. Well I told him I felt better living with you, like you asked." I felt instantly better after that. She wasn't around him the entire time. "And he was like oh ma cocinelles you're leaving?? and of course I was freaking out, because I hate it when he calls me that."

"Ladybug."

"Yeah..."

"Continue."

"Oh...well he took my hands and kissed them and was like I understand ladybug and out of nowhere he kisses me." I heard a gasp from PJ and my entire body burned with anger and anxiety. "Then he just leaves casually like, way to leave me hanging dude." 

"Jerk."

"Ehh."

"No ehh. Jerk. Final answer."

"But, he's nice. I don't see why you hate him so much."

"Just..AGH."

"Alright alright calm down."

The video cut off and my phone dropped from my hand into my lap.

"I-I have to go." I said, standing up abruptly and heading to shut myself in my room. I could hear Phil explaining to PJ all that he had just witnessed and I could feel tears burn at the back of my eyes. There was no use in crying. It was my fault and now it's killing me.

It will kill me for the rest of my life.

HA.

TOOK A DRAMATIC TURN

Stay awesome!

~Calymari