Pacify Her

Hey! If you didn't already know, I'm a huge Melanie Martinez fan! Anyone else?

Oh and I avoided the dumb ass boy today. SCORE! Thanks for all the support! Special thanks to all the people commenting and favoriting! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

ENJOY!

(y/n)'s POV

I shoveled through the snowy sludge occupying the pavement, slightly soaking through my boots. My hands were dug deep in my pockets and I grumbled to myself as I shivered. Damn cold. It was quite dark, the night before Zoe's birthday party, which I was not looking forward to. I would love to go and see everyone and all that, but I just know Cat will try and show me up dress wise, make wise, and just generally anything. She hates me for some unknown reason and I suppose I'm so close with Dan, but with how much she's been all over him he hasn't spoken to me much. Cat seems like such a nice girl if she took a liking to you, but if she didn't you were stuck. She definitely knows how to hold a grudge. She had been glued to Dan's side the entire time over the past few days. I honestly don't know if I can take too much work. The only problem really is that's she's got Dan wrapped around her finger. I don't blame him. She's nice, not to me of course but still, and pretty, and funny, and all that. She's pretty perfect. It's just that seeing him with Cat is making me realize how much I actually like Dan. I can get over it soon enough.

Dan is rather blind to it all which I don't understand. Even Phil hates how dumb he's being. Phil. She's being rather rude to put it nicely. Or as PJ calls it not as nicely, but accurate, bitchy. I had been hanging around PJ a lot recently because he's never really taken a liking to Cat in the first place. He's just as bitter as I am. I sighed and headed into their apartment building. Why am I subjecting myself to such torture you ask? Well, if Dan finally gets out of dreamland to notice I'm being distant he'll ask and I'm a terrible liar. I've made it this far and I'm not pushing it. Not to mention I can't just leave Phil stranded alone with them. That's cruel.

I headed up the stairs and knocked once before the door swung open quickly.

"Were you waiting by the door?" I asked as Phil pulled me in too a hug.

"Yes. Thank god you are here! Cat wouldn't let me leave to come to yours!" Phil whispered and I nodded.

Bossy. Yet another admirable trait of hers.

"Wow. I'm not so sure I like salty Phil." I said, raising my eyebrows. Phil laughed and his tongue poked out the side of his mouth. I loved when he did that.

"Thank you for that. I need to laugh." Phil said.

"No prob. Let just hope I can control my saltiness or my spicy side is coming out and that's not pretty."

I think only one person had ever seen me really angry before. I don't get really angry very often. More miffed or sort of peeved is what I went to. I was bitter and I could hold grudges, with good reason of course, but I was a really understanding person so I tended to forgive easy. Unless it was something absolutely unacceptable. 

"Please save me." Phil said, grabbing my hands. He jerked, but stayed at I looked at him confused.

"Why are your hands like ice?!" Phil said, examining my hands. 

"They are always cold, Phil. It's a permanent state, my friend." I explained. He dropped my hands and I followed him to his room.

"So Phillip. What do you suggest we do?" I asked, fiddling with the checkered green and blue duvet.

"Well, I was thinking Ma--"

"(y/n)? When did you get here." I winced and turned to see Cat, looking gorgeous as always, sneering at me.