Guilt

Hello.

I'm writing this way later than usual.

It's weird.

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

"Have you heard from (y/n)?" Phil asked, trotting into the room. "She's not answering any of my texts." 

"So?" I asked, sitting back in my chair.

"Oh come on Dan, you're not the least bit worried? I've been asking around and no one's heard from her in the last 4 days." he said, trying to convince me that I actually cared about that selfish jerk.

"Whatever, no I haven't heard from her." I replied.

"Would you please come with me to her flat?" Phil asked. I groaned, but agreed, knowing I wouldn't get out of it. She was just avoiding me. That's all. We quickly arrived and a feeling of dread came over me, seating itself in the pit of my stomach, like a rock. I hadn't felt this in a long time. There was always that bit of pain that was nagging at me, but something didn't feel right. We knocked, but there was no answer. I pulled out my key, handing it to Phil, watching as his hands fumbled with the lock.

Maybe I am a little worried.

A cool draft ran over us as we entered, signalling that no one had used the heat in a while. I felt goosebumps prickle at my skin, my hair jumping from my skin as if someone had run a magnet over it. Normally when I entered the flat I knew that she was here, whether the vibe was negative or not. Maybe she had run away somewhere. This thought caused my very being to burn with anxiety. I had tried so hard to keep her all for myself, but managed to shove her away. Everything was silent and untouched, a thin layer of dust laying over the scene like a blanket. Dimly lit and poorly heated, the home felt empty. It wasn't a home, but only a house. An empty graveyard for the loving warmth that once inhabited it.

"(y/n)?" I spoke out, soft, but strong, shattering the fragile, but smothering silence that encapsulated the room. I miss her. No answer, no echo of reassurance to let us know she was with us. There was no noise to be heard. Just piercing silence, puncturing my hope like a knife to skin. Smooth, but painful. "(y/n)?" I said, louder this time, disturbing the eerily, peaceful muteness. No answer. I broke the untouched scene, hurrying to her room to find yet another empty room. 

Where?

My phone rang from inside my pocket and I slipped it from it's resting place.

"H-Hello?" I asked, rather shaken by the sudden realization she was missing.

"Yes, are you Mr. Daniel Howell?" an unrecognizable voice asked.

"Yes, I am."

"The significant other of Mrs. (y/n) (l/n)?" she asked again.

"Yes."

"I'm reluctant to be the bearer of bad news, but your girlfriend has gotten into an accident and is currently in comatose." She said. I felt my throat constrict. "She's currently under treatment here at the local hospital and it is unknown if or when she will wake up. Visiting hours are from 12-6 if you'd like to see her." she informed.

"Thank you." I said, hanging up quickly. 

A feeling, an emotion so intangible, it almost seems unreal, suppressed me. It took all the air out from my lungs, the wind knocked out of me, swift and irreversible. It left an agony to reside in my chest, my heart, to radiate through my body. It broke me down, my legs shaking and giving way from underneath me. I collapsed under it's beating fists, wanting to cry out in suffering, but it had taken away my ability to speak, to breathe, to think, to feel. I was rendered completely useless.