Eavesdropping

Hey.

Sry I posted Fine Line yesterday bc I'm confused as to what day it is apparently.

ugh.

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

"What was that?!" Phil asked, dropping his phone by his side. I let out a sigh, looking away.

"I just couldn't listen to them talk about James anymore." I replied, slumping back into the couch. Phil stayed silent not knowing what to say. "I miss her so much." I covered my face with my hands. 

"Me too." he agreed. I opened my mouth, when the phone began to buzz again, this time with an unknown number. Phil hesitantly answered, Kenzie's face only popping up.

"Okay, so you guys have to be silent, but I'm going to take you guys to watch (y/n) dance. James called in saying he needed help, so we're stopping by." she said.

"Why?" I added.

"Because, I just figured she wouldn't let me do it and you'd want to see it." she explained. She held up a finger to shush us and we fell silent.

"Okay, let's go. We need to help mom." (y/n) said.

"I still don't understand why you call him that." Kenzie said.

"Because, every time a dancer ever needs help he's like superman I swear. He like bombards them. Not to mention he babies me." (y/n)'s voice called out.

"He does. Isn't that annoying?" Kenzie asked, glancing down at us. 

"Ugh, very. Like I appreciate the help, but get the hell out of my face." she said.

"So he's close talker?"

"What he's not with you?" (y/n) questioned. I suddenly felt very sick at the conversation going on.

"No, *wink*." Kenzie said out loud.

 "You know how I feel about that Kenz." (y/n) said. "Now let's go."

"Okay, Okay. So you wouldn't date James?" Kenzie asked.

"Dude, I don't know. He doesn't seem interested and that's not why I'm here." she replied.

"So why aren't you dating anyone?" Kenzie asked.

"I thought we like just discussed this, what's wrong with you? Why are you being weird?" (y/n) asked, the sound of the street coming through the speaker.

"I'm not, chill." Kenz called.

"Let's just go yeah?" then silence ensued, normal everyday conversations commencing.

"This is weird." Phil whispered to me.

"When is it not with her?" I replied, a pang of want pressing at my stomach. "2 months." I murmured.

"I know." Phil replied and we both remained silent. The screen shifted and Kenzie came into view, holding us low by her side. We entered a room and the camera switched around to look at a room with 5 girls and a boy, James and (y/n).

"Agh! My savior. I need help." James called. I admit, he was handsome, and his accent was smooth and soft. I could see the fascination with him. 

It made me sick.

"No problem, what are you working on?" she asked. He said something and she nodded. "Well that's simple. If you just go from the shoulder roll into a back attitude over and a push up, it will get you back on your feet." 

"Oh good." he said. He said something in French and all the students turned their attention to (y/n). She did what she surprised, calling out counts in French. She gestured for them to try and each student worked along to her counts. My eyes drifted over to James who was watching her from behind, his hand resting lightly against his chin and cheek, covering his mouth.