Play it Cool

Hello.

I'm still deathly ill so.

Kill me and end my suffering.

Thanks.

You know that feeling when one side of your nose is plugged? I've got that right now and I hate myself.

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

"What do you think (y/n)'s doing right now?" I asked. I glanced over at Phil who was laid back, his hand out the window of the bus.

"I don't know Dan." Phil said, sighing. I always feel bad when we're out driving, as Phil looks so green motion sickness. I watched out the window at the city passing by.

"We're going to be at the hotel soon." I said, watching the street lamps pass.

"Thank God." Phil said, draping his free arm over his face.

My mind wandered back to (y/n). She was probably sat all alone. I felt my heart drop. I miss her. I wish I hadn't done this. The driver pulled up to the hotel and we got out. Phil breathed in the air and smiled.

"Yes." he said, his face regaining it's normal color already. "Do you want to face time her?" he asked.

"I don't know. She probably doesn't want to see me." I said.

"Oh come on. It's fine." he insisted. I nodded and we headed into the hotel, getting our prebooked room. I collapsed onto the bed and Phil pulled out his phone. He dialed her and I sat nervously watching the screen. Soon her face popped up, eyes red and cheeks stained with tears. "Oh my God (y/n) what's wrong?" Phil asked. I peered over his shoulder at her.

"What? Oh sorry I'm watching a movie." she said. "You know I always cry at the sad parts." she said. (Me. I cry at superhero movies. Yeah. I cry at Disney movies and comedy movies if there's sad parts)

"What movie?" Phil questioned.

"Inside Out." she said, laughing. She wiped her face. "You okay? How's your motion sickness?"

"Okay, we're finally at the hotel so that's good." he said.

"Yes, good Phil. Anything with you?" she asked, peering into the camera. I felt my face redden.

"No." I answered simply. She was trying, I could tell.

"Oh my God Bing Bong don't die!" she called her face illuminated by the screen. Fresh tears dropped down her face. "If you're telling me that you don't cry at that part, you have no soul." she said, looking towards us. I chuckled. "I mean, he dies! Don't laugh Howell." she said, laughing herself. I felt my heart swell at the mention of my name.

"Well, good luck with that movie (y/n), we need sleep." Phil said.

"Alright goodnight guys. Damn you Pixar." she said. She hung up, and I jumped over to the other bed. I pulled out my phone to see a message from (y/n). It was a simple cry emoji and I laughed to myself. 

Maybe she was going to forgive me.

(y/n)'s POV

I threw my phone to the opposite side of the couch, letting a few more tears fall.

I-I can't.

I ran my hands up the side of my head, gripping my hair. I can't do this. I shut off the movie. I was doing this to myself. I was letting him think I was okay with him around.

What was wrong with me?

I stumbled to my room, collapsing on my bed. I feel like I can't breathe. I want this to end. My phone rang, startling me. I picked it up, hoping this could serve as my distraction.

"H-Hello?"

"Hi, this is (y/n) correct?" the voice asked.

"Who's asking?"

"It's your doctor. I'm checking in on you." he said.

"Yes." I said.

"Oh how are you?" he asked. "Are you eating correctly? You've gained some weight right?"

"Uh yeah I've gained like 5 pounds." I said.

"Wow, that's impressive! Slow up your diet now. How is your social aspect. How's that dan boyyou were talking so much about?" he asked. I felt my throat tighten.

"He, uh, he's on tour right now. I'm not really talking to him much." I said.

"And why is that?"

"He, uh, cheated on me. With one of your nurses. Rachel." I said. He was silent.

"I'm so sorry." he said. "Is there anything I can do?" he asked.

"No it's fine." I said.

"Well, keep it up. Feel better." he said.

"Thanks." 

"Goodbye." he said.

"Bye." I replied. I shut my phone off, staring off into the darkness. 

On one hand, I miss him dearly but on the other, I hate him for what he did. Once a cheater, always a cheater, but something tells me Dan is different. Either way, it doesn't matter. 

He cheated.

I laid back staring up at the ceiling. I eventually fell asleep, clutching my pillow, awaiting my dreams or rather nightmares.

I woke up with a clear mind however. I walked around my apartment, my bare feet sticking to the wooden floors. I made my coffee, my breakfast, in the silence. Early morning light pouring into the kitchen, I was easily swallowed up by the muteness. The familiar sound of a face time rang out and I placed on a happy face.

You'll be fine.

Just play it cool.

Live like a normal person and everything will be okay.

"Hi~" I called as I answered.

"Oh you're actually awake! Look at this cool stage! I never expected it to be so big!!" Phil called. I smiled as he turned the camera around to give me a view at the stage. dan was stood in the middle, talking to a tech person and he waved them off. He turned and look at the camera, doing a little dance. I faked a wider smile.

"That's so cool!" I said, giving as much enthusiasm as possible.

This was going to be a long few weeks before they left the continent.

I hate being sick.

I hate it.

Actually kill me.

AGH.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari