Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Second Destination - Udaipur

At 10 pm, Armaan and Kavya arrived at the Hotel, which has a massive bedroom, living room and small kitchen with a magnificent view of the lake from all the windows. However, they were too tired to explore the place and decided to sleep now. They will wake up early in the morning to go for a walk around the palace till lunch, then go out for seeing more palaces in Udaipur.

Midnight

Armaan turns to his right, while stretching his arm to grab a hold of his wife. But he frowns in his sleep to find the other side of the bed empty and opens his eyes. He fails to find Kavya in the room and assumes, she must have gone to bathroom and closes his eyes.

After 10 minutes, when Kavya doesn't return he jumps from the bed and makes his way to the bathroom. He knocks and waits for a response, only to receive silence. So, he knocks again and twists the handle to open the door. His eyebrows furrow in confusion to find the bathroom empty. Then he closes the door back and makes his way towards the door to walk out of the room.

Armaan senses a figure sitting in the living room and turns on the light. He finds Kavya on the couch, sobbing silently and rushes to her in panic.

He asks in a soft tone, "Angel, what happened?"

Kavya sniffs as he sits beside her and wraps his arm around her shoulder to rub her arm in a comforting manner. Yet it fails to stop her tears and he cups her face with other hand to wipe the tears with his thumb.

Armaan asks again, "Angel...Kavya...what happened? Did you see a nightmare or the new place scared you?"

She shakes her head in negative and he inquires, "Then what's the matter?"

Kavya sniffs again and answers in a shaky voice, "I...I ruined our...our honeymoon."

Her words make his eyebrows furrow in confusion and he demands an explanation, "What do you mean?"

She lowers her gaze before whispering, "I entered my menstrual cycle."

Armaan sighs in relief and comments, "Damn the mood swings, you scared me for a minute."

Kavya faces him with teary eyes and apologises, "I am sorry to ruin our honeymoon. Believe me, I didn't even realise my days will come in the middle of our trip and-"

He presses his index finger to her lips and whispers, "Ssshhh..."

She continues to stare into his loving eyes and he asks, "Why are you apologising for something which is natural and not in your hands?"

Kavya goes to talk, but he presses his finger firmly to her lips and continues, "And you haven't ruined our honeymoon, Angel. You train in your cycle, attend the NGO and do other routine work, then here we are just roaming around."

She lowers her gaze and whispers, "But we won't be able to...do....anything."

Armaan's gaze turns serious and he grips her chin to lift her face to connect their eyes before confessing truthfully, "Kavya Armaan Raichand, I love you...I don't lust you."

She remains speechless and he adds, "And for your kind information, I am well aware, you fall into your cycle between second and third week of every month. So, I was already prepared."

She frowns in confusion and he stands, instead of clearing her doubt and carries her in his arms, bridal style. He makes his way back to the bedroom and places her carefully on the bed.