Chapter Fourty Five

Living Room, Armaan's Mansion

At 7 pm, Armaan descends the stairs to leave for the dinner at Veer's place and finds Mary instructing a butler.

She dismisses him after seeing Armaan and asks, "Ready to leave?"

He answers with a nod, then asks, "Is everything ready for tomorrow morning?"

Mary senses the nervousness in his eyes and places her hand over his shoulder to assure, "It will be fine, Armaan. That girl deserves it and Kavya will be happy for her."

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and confesses, "I may sound selfish again, but I don't want to ruin the chance, she gave me."

Mary assures with a smile, "You won't ruin the chance, Kavya is a mature woman, she will understand."

He nods in response, when they hear the sound of footsteps and turns to find Kavya, descending the stairs. Armaan fails to control his eyes, which were drinking in her beauty. 

Kavya is wearing a long white maxi dress with floral print. Her hair is curled from the end and left open, while she has applied a natural makeup. A pair of floral shape rhinestone earrings are dazzling in her ears with a similar shape ring in her right hand and a silver watch in wrapped around her left wrist. 

She smiles at them and Armaan whispers to Mary, "She looks nice."

Mary mentally rolls her eyes and whispers back, "Nice as compliment is not even used by kindergarten kids nowadays. Call her gorgeous or elegant or stunning."

Armaan faces Mary, who nods in gesture to use one of the compliment, she suggested and he thinks to choose one.

Meanwhile, Kavya's smile drops, witnessing Armaan dressed in a black three piece formal suit.

She moves closer to them and Mary compliments with a smile, "You look angelic, Kavya."

Kavya replies with a thank you and faces Armaan, who tries to compliment her, "You...you..."

She stares at him with a concentrated frown and he sighs, conceding defeat, "You and I should leave." 

Mary shakes her head in disbelief, while Kavya denies, "No."

They frown and he asks, "Why?"

Kavya asks with doubt, "Are we going on a casual dinner or a business meeting?"

His frown deepens and she continues, "I feel, you are going to your office for a meeting."

Mary presses her lips to control her giggle, catching the intention of her words, though Armaan still remains confused.

Kavya asks, "Why are you wearing a formal suit? Shouldn't you wear something casual?"

Realisation drowns in his face and he informs sadly, "Sorry, but I don't have any casual clothes. I have always worn formals."

Now, Kavya frowns in confusion and demands with uncertainty, "During our meetings in Delhi, you wore casuals many times."