Chapter Twenty Six

Living Room, Armaan's Mansion

Armaan and Rihan's attention is grabbed by Kavya's voice, "Mr. Raichand."

They shift their gaze to the staircase, where they find Kavya descending the steps with Mary following behind.

Kavya's anger didn't go unnoticed by the two men, who have their scrutinizing gaze fixed on her.

Mary glances around and finds two butlers standing at the corner. She dismisses them by gesturing with her hand and they obediently step out of the room. Now only the four of them are left in the living room.

Kavya stands in front of Armaan and forces a fake big smile, scaring Rihan even more. Though Armaan stays unaffected and keeps staring at her.

Kavya states, "Mr. Raichand, I was wondering, we never had a systematic conversation after you confessed the truth."

Before Armaan could react, Kavya realizes something and dramatically slaps her forehead.

She taunts him with a teasing smile, "Oh! What am I saying? How can we have a conversation? The famous business tycoon, Mr. Armaan Raichand, practically RAN AWAY after confessing the truth, WITHOUT INFORMING ME. Right?"

Kavya smirks, seeing Armaan furious with her accusation. Rihan's fear increases and he glances at Mary to ask for help, but she lowers her gaze, rejecting his pleads, non-verbally.

Armaan responds, "Kavya -"

Kavya interrupts, "That's alright Mr. Raichand because I can completely understand your passion towards work. I know, you can do ANYTHING for your company."

A hint of hurt and pain makes an appearance in her eyes, which reduces Armaan's anger. But before he could understand what to do, Kavya blinks away those feelings and stares at him with fury.

Kavya suggests, "Anyways, forget about it. Let's have a talk now, there are certain points, I want to discuss with you."

Armaan frowns in confusion and Kavya demands, "Can we sit somewhere and talk?"

Armaan nods and utters, "Office Room."

Kavya moves aside and instructs, "Lead the way."

Armaan stares at Kavya for a brief moment to understand her intentions, only to fail in reading her thoughts.

Her eyes, her expressions were so unstable and blank, which didn't permit Armaan to draw a conclusion.

It seems, Kavya has build-up walls around herself, which didn't allow anyone to know her thoughts. Her every step, her every act is a surprise for Armaan.

Kavya raises her eyebrows and snaps her finger with a sound, to draw Armaan's attention. He nods and starts walking towards the office room.

Office Room

Armaan takes his seat on his black luxurious revolving chair at one side of the large glossy wooden top table. The table is fitted at the middle of the room with a laptop, stationery and some files.

Kavya is seated across the table, facing him on a brown luxurious revolving chair. She has the cash box, envelope and handwritten agreement placed on the table in front of her.

Armaan places his laced hands on the table and asks, "So what you want to discuss, which even needed their presence?"

Armaan glances at his right, where Rihan and Mary were seated on a black couch.